Valued Contributor

Re: TSV 10/6 Le Creuset - Question to those Le Creuset fans

@NYCMOM 

I think it's too large for 4. I have used LeCreuset for years, first when my kids were much younger and we are a family of 4. Now they're adults, I still use up to only 4 1/2 qt pots when we are all together.  I looked at the recipes and one has a 7lb chuck roast used. That's about double the size of beef I use for us. If you want lots of leftovers, it would be good.

My single daughter bought the tsv today. There's times when she needs to feed 8+ people, so this is good for her (and not borrowing mine, lol). 

My daughter did compare prices with other places and with the same size but a cast iron lid. Cast iron lid comes close in price, but still higher. She buys LC from several places including here, LCdotcom, surlatable,  and williamssonoma.

We each have the cassodou and it's a good size with the glass lid.

Respected Contributor

Crazy pricey. Once this is filled with food, you can't lift it!! And there are other good enamel cast iron brand pots that don't cost a fortune-  Look around... 

Frequent Contributor

Sur La Table is having an anniversary sale starting today.  Check them out as they will sometimes have some deals on Le Creuset and also Staub.  I have two Staub items (a grill pan and a dutch oven) and adore them.  If I didn't already have a large dutch oven, then yes, I would have bought this TSV.  I watched several of the presentations and thought it looked really nice.  I don't think it's too big for a family of 4 either.  Good luck!  

Valued Contributor

@spent2much  I agree. I'll stick to my Lodge cast iron. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two things:  Yes I think the pot is too big for you; the 5.5 quart would be better suited to your needs for day to day use with a family of 4.  Also, if this were going to be my only Le Creuset purchase, I'd get one with the enameled lid.  Their own website sometimes has promotions and sales, and as someone mentioned, Sur la table does too.

I bought the TSV, but I have many other LC pots in varying sizes.  For what I am planning to use this one for the glass lid is perfect.  However, the enameled lid is much more versatile IMO.  And it is true, they were able to offer this deal because of the glass lid.

Occasional Visitor

I'm pretty sure they only do one tv a year. Would love for them to do an affordable small set or a smaller pot. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC has had TWO TSV Le Creuset items this year (2021) so far...the 3.5 quart cassadou and this 7.5 qt Chef's Oven, and the guide listed on the TSV forum says there's ANOTHER one on November 14th!!!!

Both items are still available online....

So maybe for those who this item was too big will have a chance to get something on that day.