Regular Contributor

TSV 10/6 Le Creuset - Question to those Le Creuset fans

I always wanted to get a Le Creuset "pot".  My grandmother cooked in this type of pot when she lived in Italy.  So I always think of making my Sunday sauce (pasta), Soups, roasts in this.  But it is a huge pot ! I feel 7+ quarts is gigantic for my family of 4.  Does anyone know if there will be another Le Creuset TSV down the road. I would like to use mine weekly - not just for holidays. 

Thanks Everyone !  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV 10/6 Le Creuset - Question to those Le Creuset fans

tsv weighs 11 lbs!  too heavy for my arthritic hands!

Respected Contributor

Check out Zulily and Amazon. Both have smaller Le Creuset Dutch ovens. If you're checking it in Zulily, you'll have to use the search bar. The same is true for Amazon. Staub is another brand that's almost identical to Le Creuset. It used to be less expensive because it wasn't well known, but that may have changed. I have both brands and can't tell a difference in terms of performance or appearance. I use them to make dishes like split pea soup or Hoppin' John that have to simmer all day. 

As a lighter alternative, I love my Cuisinart non-stick stainless steel stockpots. They're my go-to for dishes that need to simmer for a few hours, but not all day. I don't have arthritis, but my wrists aren't real strong. I can lift both my 7 quart and my 12 quart Cuisinart pots with food without a problem.

Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

I got some smaller ones at HomeGoods over the past while. But they are few & far between. I have quitea collection of Le Creuset but I also have some pieces from Aldi (for under $35) mixed in and tbh, I use those a lot. They have held up as good and cook the same. I want their French oven this year.
Respected Contributor

I will NEVER pay $270 for a pot!  I have several pots that will perform just as well as the TSV!  Ridiculous!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I have two Le Creuset pots and love them.  I don't find a 7 plus quart too large at all.  It's great for meatballs and sauce as I am a big stirrer, LOL! ,  so I like the room as it doesn't spill over easily.  I find it's messy when the pot is too small.  It's only my DH and I now and we use a larger one often.  Cannot buy a better pan, IMO.

Respected Contributor

The savings is because you have a glass cover.

I don't know of any other cooking pots that are offered by Le Creset that have glass covers.

I have a lot of baking pans made by them but I do not use my "soup pot" at all.  It's very heavy and just taking up space in the cabinet drawer.    I didn't pay anything that comes close to the TSV from one of the Le Creuset outlet stores.

Also, on occasion, Marshalls gets in a lot of this brand.

Trusted Contributor

I love Le Creuset and have this pan without the cook and look lid.  I use it once a week but use some type of Le Creuset everyday for my family of 6.

I would agree that for a family of 4 you may not need this size pan everyday.  QVC has lots of other options.  Check out K303250 which is a great everyday pan.  I have it in Red and use it all the time, its a staple on my stovetop.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC item k51010  3.5 qt cassadou on QVC website has a glass lid.  I bought one and I use it every day...my favorite pot right now!!!!  In mint.

Almost every presentation today since midnight they've said they "never before sold" such a large Le Creuset vessel before....which is funny because I just bought the 8 quart dutch oven which is also still on thier inventory....K61822...a few months ago. That was a great price compared to the others who sell it...and I always check.

And they mention that they've never offered this size chef's oven as a TSV, but there are 4 videos on You Tube (QVCtv) from 4 years ago with this size 7.5 quart chef's oven that came with the cast iron lid AND a cast iron trivet!!!!

Maybe they meant they never sold a chef's oven as big as today's before, as a TSV, bu thtey defintiely sold this size before!!!

And just two weeks ago they had the largest pot Le Creuset makes, the 15.5 oval dutch oven with cast iron lid ( Goose Pot) and it's sold as of today. ABout 700.00 for that one!!!!

It weighs 25 pounds and looks big enough to take a bath in!!!!!

I got rid of all my other types of cooking pots. I LOVE the way these work and cook.

PS: Did anyone see Ms. "LA" Croosay on today?

Respected Contributor

Looks like there will be another TSV Le Creuset on Nov 14th..

Someone on the TSV forum has a listing of the November TSVs. Doesn't say what it is, but maybe if today's is too large for some folk, that day will have a better offer...

Hope this helps.