Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSP 10/22/20 Trinkets, Trinkets, Trinkets!

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

So once again QVC is selling unnecessary trinkets. Expensive battery operated candles, leather purses, silver plated christmas ornaments that will become completely tarnished by next Christmas. During these times, many people are worried about where they will get enough food for the coming week. I'm donating to a food pantry. It's selfish to buy this junk. Get a grip QVC & at least sell necessary items.

@Sweet Kitties .... it’s absolutely none of your business what people buy or don’t buy .... if someone is worried about not having enough food for the coming week naturally that should be their primary concern but, other than that they should be able to spend their money on whatever they want!!!

Honored Contributor

If I were wondering where my next meal was coming from, i doubt that I'd even be watching QVC.  I'm sure the necessary items can likely be found much cheaper elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette 

True and if they were worried about where their next meal would come from, it's unlikely they'd be wasting $$$ on cable to view QVC.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What do you mean by necessary?  They sell hand sanitizer and masks.  Food is one of QVC's best selling categories and we have been inundated with it.  Do you want QVC to sell toilet tissue?  They are not a grocery store or pharmacy.  

Some people do need clothing, particularly growing kids.  QVC sells children's clothing.  To me, during a time when my car is just sitting, I'd need a battery charger.  Also, a compressor to keep my tires inflated.  Buying Christmas decor cheers me up.  It's been rather depressing the last 8 months.  

Many of their products are ordered a year in advance.  What retailer could possibly know they would face Covid-19?  They can't turn around on a dime.  They do need to stay in business, people need the jobs.  Do you want them going to food banks, too?

Also, how do you know those people buying the trinkets, leather handbags, aren't helping those less fortunate?

Honored Contributor

I haven’t bought any trinkets, but I’ve recently bought clothes I didn’t really need. Shame on me. 😱😳 (Sarcasm intended)  My money. My life. 

Honored Contributor

QVC has one purpose and that is to make money.  They also employ people who is turn make money.  Their employees are working and that enables them to buy groceries.

If they sell trinkets and people with money purchased them, they are providing food for the table.

All is good.

Trusted Contributor

@Etoile308   Off topic, just wanted to say that I love your kitty avatar.  I have 2 tabby cats myself, Sophie and Gianna.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

So once again QVC is selling unnecessary trinkets. Expensive battery operated candles, leather purses, silver plated christmas ornaments that will become completely tarnished by next Christmas. During these times, many people are worried about where they will get enough food for the coming week. I'm donating to a food pantry. It's selfish to buy this junk. Get a grip QVC & at least sell necessary items.

Get a Grip QVC?  They have a grip.  They are a retaier selling products.  Tis the season.  I almost bought those ornaments today because I thought they were pretty and an inexpensive way to give a nice little gift.

What do you want them to sell on air?  They have tons of "Necessaties" on line.  It is not selfish at all of them.  I for one have enjoyed all the programming today.  It takes my mind off of the "Necessaties" of life.

If people are that worried about food, I am guessing they aren't buying these things but then with the shipping costs if they are that worried about food they wouldn't be buying much of anything from QVC.  CHILL!

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties  I agree with most all of the responses here to your post.  I just wanted to add, for anyone truly interested in the TSV....

The Lenox set of eight ornaments are of exceptional quality and absolutely do not tarnish.   I have purchased five sets of these over the years, keeping two sets and giving others to family.  Everyone is amazed that they are as shiny and beautiful as the day they arrived, year after year.  

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper, I can second that! I have a couple of sets of Lenox ornaments from previous years, a few of which are in this set so I'm not purchasing, but these have not tarnished one tiny bit. They still look brand new. I would recommend them to anyone who is on the fence.