Super Contributor

TSP 10/22/20 Trinkets, Trinkets, Trinkets!

So once again QVC is selling unnecessary trinkets. Expensive battery operated candles, leather purses, silver plated christmas ornaments that will become completely tarnished by next Christmas. During these times, many people are worried about where they will get enough food for the coming week. I'm donating to a food pantry. It's selfish to buy this junk. Get a grip QVC & at least sell necessary items.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSP 10/22/20 Trinkets, Trinkets, Trinkets!

Just because products are presented/sold on QVC doesn't mean you have to buy them!

Save your outrage for more important issues, other customers may want these items, it's not all about YOU.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

They do sell necessary items. Just like other retailers they sell a combination of things. Up to the shopper to by what they want. I’m critical of QVC for many different things, but not this Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

So once again QVC is selling unnecessary trinkets. Expensive battery operated candles, leather purses, silver plated christmas ornaments that will become completely tarnished by next Christmas. During these times, many people are worried about where they will get enough food for the coming week. I'm donating to a food pantry. It's selfish to buy this junk. Get a grip QVC & at least sell necessary items.

What should QVC be selling as we move closer to holiday time?  I suppose if one is worried about getting enough food, one ought not be buying trinkets from QVC.

Not everyone is struggling and can still afford the "trinkets".  It isn't selfish.  What necessary items are you speaking of- face masks? hand sanitzer?  QVC sells those things.

It is commendable that you are donating to your local food pantry.

@Sweet Kitties 

Super Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

I'm sure many of us here donate to a food pantry; some probably volunteer, but don't come to a message board to announce it.  Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

@Sweet Kitties    You're the one who needs to get a grip!  What right do you have to tell other people what they should or should not buy or how to manage their budgets?  Who do you think you are?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wingnut 

True!

Charity/volunteering shouldn't be for 'bragging rights'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

@Sweet Kitties It is mean spirited to say that to others too.  Is that better?

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

And I love all the battery operated trinkets, so do many. Mind your own buying and leave mine alone.

Respected Contributor

How boring life would be if we all did, bought, and thought the same thing.