Respected Contributor

TS anuschka leather crossbody on Hsn

Wow that's some intricate painting! Beautiful. I've never had a bag like this. What do you all think of it?

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TS anuschka leather crossbody on Hsn

@fairydogmother wrote:

Wow that's some intricate painting! Beautiful. I've never had a bag like this. What do you all think of it?

@fairydogmother   I think it is beautiful but I need another handbag like I need a hole in my head.  I do love it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These designs are well done, they just don't do anything for me,  I have one Anuschka crossbody purse and a couple of smaller accessory pieces and think that's where I'll probably stop. I haven't used the purse for at least a couple of years.  I just feel awkward carrying it.  It almost seems like a little girl's purse. The only thing I've consistently used since I purchased it has been my checkbook cover. 

Honored Contributor

I think Anuschka bags are garish and tend to be cartoonish. I'd rather see plain leather.

anuschka.PNG

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i agree the paint is too strong. The bags are beautifully painted, and I want to like them. I wish they were more like the Jane Yoo bags we bought in boutiques in the 80's. I had several of those. They are subtle, yet distinctive. I have seen a few on eBay if anyone is interested in making a comparison between the two companies. (My skill set does not include posting photographs.) Switching to this style of painting would be simple for these artists and much less jarring to the eye.

Trusted Contributor

I know that they have plenty of followers and those that like them, but I wish they wouldn't paint the whole bag.   Just an accent flower, design or something.  They do have some beautiful designs but for me they take up too much of the bag.  Their bags have some great organization but for me less would be more.  Less paint more leather.   

Valued Contributor

I have 2 of the anuschka bags . Got them on clearance, otherwise I’m not sure I would have bought them . So glad I did ! They are so beautiful in person . I think they will last a long time ; they’re so well made .

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using an Anushka 3 fold wallet for at least 12 years. It's just now starting to show a little bit a wear on the paint but otherwise it's like new. Just recently gave it a good cleaning with some diluted Simple Green.  Tried to find an exact replica of it but the particular one I have is apparently no longer in their lineup. It's shades of tan with butterflies on it. Colorful but not gaudy or overdone. Still get compliments on it when I pull it out to pay cashiers.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@fairydogmother 

I have many, have gifted many.

Brilliant organization inside.

Fantastic art. 

Some art, for me, is not appealing, others breathtaking.

149835_1_1 copy.jpeg

2292,605-RRY_(1).jpg

Anuschka-Womens-Wide-Entry-Large-Tote.jpg

anuschka-hand-painted-leather-satchel-with-accessories-d-2019111508353392~667774_alt6.jpg

These, from my collection.

I place many bags on shelves throughout my home, or hanging from doors, as Art, to enjoy.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother Thanks for posting, for some reason the Holiday bag is calling my name.

It's unique, I don't believe I ever saw a Holiday bag like this.