Trusted Contributor

TS Wolfgang Puck 5-Quart 600-Watt Programmable Universal Mixer

It's like the Paula Deen and Cook's Companion mixers. I wonder if it's more powerful? I looks really nice. 

wpmix.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: TS Wolfgang Puck 5-Quart 600-Watt Programmable Universal Mixer

The Paula Dean mixer is 1000 Watt and the Cook's Companion mixer is 600 Watt.  I would have purchased the Cook's Companion mixer but have the KitchenAid...wish I would have waited for the Cook's Companion because it was cheaper and has a lower profile (height wise) than the KitchenAid.  Hopefully, it will come back in stock soon. The Wolfgang mixer looks really good but I think I am going to wait and see how it is reviewed!

Honored Contributor

Paula's is a 1000 watts, no comparison.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

After looking at the machines I would say the guts of it is exactly like the Cooks Companion mixer and not really like Paula Deen's.   Even the power is the same as CC mixer.  If you look at the assembly of the beaters, scraper etc. it mirrors CC.  But, Wolfies has that digital control panel that lets you time your mixing operation which CC or Paula Deen's does not.   That looks pretty cool to me and useful.  I am tempted even though I am not one to use a mixer much.   But I might use it for mashed potatoes which I wouldn't ordinarly do with my hand mixer (the only kind I have presently).  I also like that it has a smaller footprint and height than Kitichen Aid and PD and weighs much less than Kitchen  Aid.  Of course that loss in weight is because a lot of plastic is in it, so........

Honored Contributor

@giddy up, I have a KA stand mixer, so not tempted by this TSV.  I just thought I would mention though that I think most chefs would tell you not to use a mixer for mashed potatoes.  I think they claim it makes them gummy or something.  That being said, I always use my stand mixer to make my mashed potatoes.  I do a quick hand mash with a masher and then put them in the mixer with butter and buttermilk, adding more buttermilk until they are the consistency I like.  Yeah, there's a few lumps, but I love my mashed potates no matter what any chef would say.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Feeling less inclined to buy this after reading more reviews on Cooks Companion and similar, very expensive Bosche and Ankarsrum mixers on Amazon.  One recurring problem keeps coming up, the plastic scraper and other plastic attachments are relatively fragile and break under little pressure.  Even the Bosche and Ankarsrum mixers as expensive as it is has that problem and I don't think Wolfgang's at its price point is going to be more durable, only time will tell with his version so I prob will wait and see reviews before buying.  It is bound to go on sale again I imagine with black friday and holiday shopping around the corner and HSN is pretty good with offering discount coupons regularly. 

But another reason to wait, I already have on order from ebay a vintage yellow Sunbeam mixer circa 1970.  It is a pretty cool looking machine, all metal parts (I think mostly) plus I like the vintage nature of it despite being pre-owned.  I really should give that time to be delivered to me and give it a test ride doncha think?  LOL.

Regular Contributor

Received my mixer today. Unfortunately it has to go back!!! Trying to remove the beaters was impossible. So in order to clean or change to paddles I was unable to remove. It was a great concept  but needs improvement.

Super Contributor

It was hard for WP to remove them too during the presentation.

Esteemed Contributor

After reading so many posts about flimsy parts and the difficulties removing them, I cancelled my order.  I am very happy with my KA stand mixer, even though it weighs a ton, which is probably why it lasts for years.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Contributor

I recieved mine today, and at first i had trouble removing the beater head, i took the bowl off the base , and it camr right off. Also i just pulled on the 2 beaters and they came off. I made mashed potatoes , and it worked real good.