Super Contributor

Re: TRACFONE TSV

[ Edited ]

I like the larger screen even though my Samsung Galaxy (not this newest phone) is 5" but I won't buy and give up my triple minutes for life.  If you don't use wifi, tracfone isn't a bargain but for me who uses wifi 98% of the time, it is great!  I am disappointed that they will not be offering tri[ple minutes anymore.  I guess I will be holding onto my present phone with that deal for a long while! 

New Contributor

Really wish they would show the text message screen (what it looks like when you are trying to send a text). 

How big of a SD Card will this hold?  The HSN Fiesta says you can add a 2TB card which is great, but not sure on this one.

Does this phone have a LED noticication blinking light?  If it does, show the viewers how it works and where on the phone the light is located at.

Thinking we are going to get a couple of these phones, but we are looking for the above info.

If they would explain more of the features and what they look like, they would sell more phones as viewers would be more informed.  

Just my opinion.

Occasional Contributor
Does anyone know if they have mentioned that you can SKYPE on this particular phone offered today?? My husband seems to making this a big issue. Also, I have been using Sprint for twenty years. It has been reliable but very expensive. What is the reliability of Tracfone? ? What is there customer service like? Sorry for all the questions....
Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I am not sure this is a value at $139 +.  Yes, it is 16 vs 8 GB however without the 3X minutes being discontinued from Tracfone I feel the price should be under $100.  The 3X minutes was a nice add on for all these years and I am sorry to see it go away but I will stick with TF as it works for me and my light phone usage.

@avid shopper

I was also hoping to get a Tracfone in the near future, but without the triple minutes for the life of the phone,  I'm going to pass .....   the triple minutes was a huge incentive to buy, IMO.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM Hello Clem. A phone with triple minutes will triple whatever minutes you add during the year. At the end of the year you do need to buy a card every 90 days OR a new 1 year card that comes with some minutes that will also triple. Hope that answers the question for you. It should triple every time after you add the card and minutes but ONLY if the phone you buy has triple minutes. I don't think the TSV has triple minutes so check that out to be sure.

It is easier to renew with a 1 year card every year. If you get another Tracfone after you do this it will roll over to the new Tracfone also and extend the year to what you added.

Respected Contributor

@JR88 wrote:

Really wish they would show the text message screen (what it looks like when you are trying to send a text). 

How big of a SD Card will this hold?  The HSN Fiesta says you can add a 2TB card which is great, but not sure on this one.

Does this phone have a LED noticication blinking light?  If it does, show the viewers how it works and where on the phone the light is located at.

Thinking we are going to get a couple of these phones, but we are looking for the above info.

If they would explain more of the features and what they look like, they would sell more phones as viewers would be more informed.  

Just my opinion.

I have a Galaxy J7 I bought from HSN with Boost Mobile service. The text screen is like other Galaxy screens. You can customize your background and text balloons or use the default theme. 

My phone will hold an SD card up to 128 GB.

There is no LED indicator light, and the buttons on the bottom don't light up. These seem to be the two huge deal-breakers for a lot of customers. For some reason, Samsung decided to do away with the lights on this phone (probably to keep the price down) and their alerts on this phone are more like the iPhones. So if you get a notification, it comes up as a text-like alert on the screen. I've remedied that situation by downloading a free app called Flash Alerts 2. When I get a text or an incoming call, the front flash lights up on my phone, and I have my phone set to vibrate so I hear it as well as I see it. If you absolutely love and need the LED and the bottom lights, than skip this phone. I've gotten used to not having them.

It has almost everything their flagship phones do feature wise, but it doesn't have some of the fancier options like thumbprint recognition. The camera is pretty good and has quite a few special effects. You can do a regular selfie or a wide seflie if you've got more people, if you're into that. You can slim down your face or make your eyes larger. 

If you're willing to not have some of the core features of the more expensive Galaxy phones, I say go for it. The price is extremely reasonable for all it has and it's a nice, fast, reliable phone. It also doesn't seem to heat up like the others in the Galaxy line either, and battery life is decent. 

I hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

@MKR14  How have you been?  I think I will hold on to my current track phone and see how people like this new one in about a year.  Thanks for the information.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Clem for asking. I am doing well and being strict with my diet. Sure I miss what I used to be able to eat but enjoy not being in a hospital even more. I have some of my pep back and my husband and family missed me having that. Of all the Tracfones I have had over the years the LG Fiesta is the best one I have owned. I probably won't upgrade for a long time. If you are happy with the Tracfone you have than you should keep it. I get better service with a Tracfone than most with other cell phones get too. Smiley Happy

Contributor

This TSV came in the nick of time for me. The screen on my Galaxy Sky just went funky the other day. I ordered this phone as soon as the Presale went up and I just got it. I'm in the process of transferring everything with the transfer wizard now. So far so good.

New Contributor

Hi Cumbercookie,

THANK YOU for your response and all the additional information. Seems each of their TSV presentations seem to have different info and additional information. I can't watch all of them, but we did DVR a few.  One of them said you can expand this to 256 GB.  So I will use a 128 GB card as well and hopefully that is plenty for what we need.

The LED is not a deal breaker, but we will probably download a app as you mentioned.

We are current Tracfone customers, but trying to get any help from their Customer Service can be painful at times.  So all your info is really apprecaited!.

Thanks again for reply and have a great day!