Contributor

@Venezia Yes, I just seen it! I figured I was waiting for nothing! I'll be ordering the LG first thing in the morning! I think it really stinks that we were told it would have triple minutes. This Samsung phone doesn't even compare to the LG. I had an LG a few years ago and loved it. I currently have a Samsung which I'm pretty "meh" about. I just wish the LG had a physical home button. Also, my husband has the LG Premier and he has trouble with the time jumping ahead an hour randomly. I hope the Fiesta doesn't have that problem because I sometimes use the alarm on my phone!

Respected Contributor

I have never had any problem with the Time changing on my LG Fiesta Tracfone or any other problem since I set it up. I agree also this is a better deal than QVC TSV. There was a review on HSN that someone sent it back as it wasn't 4G. It is but only if it is available in your area to use it. The Fiesta is so awesome I smile every time I use it. Hope you enjoy it as much as myself and others do. Post back after you get it and let us know what you think. 

Honored Contributor

@Pawz94 wrote:

@Venezia Yes, I just seen it! I figured I was waiting for nothing! I'll be ordering the LG first thing in the morning! I think it really stinks that we were told it would have triple minutes. This Samsung phone doesn't even compare to the LG. I had an LG a few years ago and loved it. I currently have a Samsung which I'm pretty "meh" about. I just wish the LG had a physical home button. Also, my husband has the LG Premier and he has trouble with the time jumping ahead an hour randomly. I hope the Fiesta doesn't have that problem because I sometimes use the alarm on my phone!

@Pawz94- My husband and I both have the LG Premier and we've never had anything happen like the time jumping.  We've had them about a year and, so far, so good.

When we decide to upgrade, we'll go with the Fiesta, but for now the Premier is great.

I hesitated at first because the Premier didn't have a physical home button (like our previous LG Ultimate II) but I can honestly say now that it's not an issue.  The virtual buttons are super easy and don't take away from the screen space (which is what I thought they would).  They just appear when you touch the bottom of the screen and then disappear again.

Let us all know what you think, when you get your new phone.  It almost seems that after that weird falling out that QVC had with Tracfone over a year ago that they're just not getting as good a deal as HSN now.  I prefer not to deal with HSN, so I hope that's not the case!

Contributor

Currently have twotracfone  smartphones as I am slowly moving  between 2 states.

One runs android 5.0 and the other 6.0 - both purchased from HSN. An LG and a Samsung. and w/triple minutes. However, I found that the new phone cards for smartphones only offered on the tracfone sites are a better purchase. If you use a lot of data, you can buy a 1 gb card for $10 or just a text card. I saw the new LG on HSN but want to wait until Tracfone releases the new Samsung and compare specs. As for triple minutes, I ffigured out that It is just about the same price per minute either way. Any phone now with Android 7.0 and up will only be able to utilize the smartphone cards.

As it stands now, I have plenty of minutes and text on both phones but I have bought a couple of data cards when running low. If you want really good comparisons, I recommend this site: tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com.     In the meantime, I think the LG on HSN is a great buy with 16 g storage, new 7.0 and upgraded camera. People who returned it because of triple minutes are now limited to the older phones - they really should have researched it or HSN should have explained the differences in a better way. I did not see their presentation but tracfone reviewer explains it very well. Hope this helps!

Regular Contributor

Re: TRACFONE TSV

[ Edited ]

I popped a 64GB SD card in my Tracfone LG Fiesta, and I make sure that when I add an app, I go into Settings to see if it can be shifted over to the SD card. Not all apps can, however, and the 16GB internal storage (both the LG and the TSV have that amount) can fill up quickly if you load a lot of apps whose coding requires installation to internal storage only. So customers should be aware of that. The 16GB capacity is much better than the prior 8GB phone offerings, though. Also, take advantage of available cloud storage to shift the load off your phone if an app isn't immediately needed.

When I add any app to a phone, I always go into Settings to make sure that, if possible, I set its downloads to go to the SD card and that downloads only happen while the phone is connected to WiFi so that mobile data isn't used unnecessarily. 

It always pays to go through all the Settings of a new phone to see what's what - even if you don't know exactly what everything means. The default mode on most apps is to give you easy access to things online, so mobile data is often auto-enabled to facilitate that. But if you're usually where there is easy access to WiFi, then you don't want to burn through your mobile data if you can use WiFi instead.

Also, put an antivirus app like Bitdefender or ESET or whatever you prefer, and the anti-malware program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I use ESET and MBAM on my Fiesta without problem. For folks who use Vonage for their home phone, check out the Vonage Extensions app on the Google Play store.

I switched over to the Tracfone service from the ATT Go Phone service that I had been using for years, and so far I'm very happy with the switch. I'm getting much more bang for my buck; I'm not being nickel-and-dimed for everything, and I can talk on the phone without worrying how much each call is going to cost me - and it costs me less. Also, text messages and voicemails don't seem to have any lag time. I've often felt like its Go Phone service was treated by ATT as an afterthought.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Pawz94 wrote:

@Pawz94- My husband and I both have the LG Premier and we've never had anything happen like the time jumping.  We've had them about a year and, so far, so good.

When we decide to upgrade, we'll go with the Fiesta, but for now the Premier is great.

I hesitated at first because the Premier didn't have a physical home button (like our previous LG Ultimate II) but I can honestly say now that it's not an issue.  The virtual buttons are super easy and don't take away from the screen space (which is what I thought they would).  They just appear when you touch the bottom of the screen and then disappear again.

Let us all know what you think, when you get your new phone.  It almost seems that after that weird falling out that QVC had with Tracfone over a year ago that they're just not getting as good a deal as HSN now.  I prefer not to deal with HSN, so I hope that's not the case!

Great info for me, thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I am not sure this is a value at $139 +.  Yes, it is 16 vs 8 GB however without the 3X minutes being discontinued from Tracfone I feel the price should be under $100.  The 3X minutes was a nice add on for all these years and I am sorry to see it go away but I will stick with TF as it works for me and my light phone usage.

Respected Contributor

I'm passing on this Samsung. Beth the moderator mislead us when she said the phone would offer triple minutes.

I should have bought the Fiesta from HSN with the newer OS.

Honored Contributor

Re: TRACFONE TSV

[ Edited ]

@deeva- If you don't need a new phone right away, just give it a month or two and keep checking the price.  It always comes down after the initial launch.  That's what I plan to do (for the LG Fiesta).  I'm not interested in the Samsung either.

Super Contributor

I've had TracFones for over 20 years!  Never had issues with TracFone CS as ohers have had.  Have had Samsung and LG and LG is my preferred phone.  However, I am holding onto my Samsung because it has triple minutes for life and since I use wifi most often, text most often, I don't want to give it up.  Also, disappointed in the moderator who mislead all those on this forum who have been waiting for a new TracFone offer.