Regular Contributor

Re: TRACFONE TSV

[ Edited ]

@Suzy Q from PA   If you look at the LG Fiesta Tracfone TVS in the Today's Special Value Forum- it was mention by customer care that QVC was having on late June and it would have triple minutes.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Today-s-Special-Value/LG-Fiesta-Tracfone-TSV/td-p/3759355

Contributor

Re: TRACFONE TSV

[ Edited ]

@Ms Nixie   Yes! I've been trying to find out more about that Tracfone TSV ever since I read that! I'm assuming it will be on the 28th because I read that the umbrella TSV that was scheduled for that day has been bumped to July. It's very frustrating that they will tell like 75% of the TSV's for the month, but won't seem to give out any info about this particular one...not even which brand the phone will be. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed in it and will wish I had just ordered the HSN LG. I really want that 13 mp camera!lol

Regular Contributor

I bought the HSN TS LG Fiesta phone, and I love it. Anyone who returned it because it uses a different minutes pricing structure is, IMO, foolish. The specs on the LG Fiesta phone are so much better that the previous Tracfone offerings.

A one-year 400 minute Tracfone card that can be used on a triple-minute phone costs $99 online at Walmart. That would multiply out to 1200/1200/1.2GB. 1200/99=12.12 cents per phone minute

A one-year 1500/1500/1.5GB smartphone Tracfone card costs $125 from Tracfone. 1500/125=12 cents per phone minute

Honored Contributor

@Mayfayre- I think your math is backwards.  Either of these two options work out to less than 9 cents a minute by my calculations.

$99/1200 min.  = 8.25 cents

$125/1500 min.  = 8.34 cents

Whichever way Tracfone does this, they're still an excellent deal.  I don't need a new phone right now, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for the TSV.

Contributor

@Mayfayre While it's true that I was holding out on the LG because of the lack of triple minutes, it really isn't that big of a deal to me because I usually buy an updated phone every year. What really bothered me, though, was that the smartphone cards are only for 60 days service instead of 90. Now, if I didn't happen to purchase a new phone next year and had to buy cards for it, I'd have to buy a card 6 times a year instead of 4.

Honored Contributor

@Pawz94 wrote:

@Mayfayre While it's true that I was holding out on the LG because of the lack of triple minutes, it really isn't that big of a deal to me because I usually buy an updated phone every year. What really bothered me, though, was that the smartphone cards are only for 60 days service instead of 90. Now, if I didn't happen to purchase a new phone next year and had to buy cards for it, I'd have to buy a card 6 times a year instead of 4.

@Pawz94- Why wouldn't you just buy a one-year card instead?  (Just curious.)

Contributor

@Venezia  Lol! Good point! I never even considered that because, like I said, I usually buy a new phone every year. I just looked at the Tracfone website and they do offer a year card, as well as a few with 90 days and a few with 60 days and a few with only 30 days. Interesting, since I swear when I looked at them a little over a month ago they only showed 60 day service cards except for 1 with 30 days. Ugh! Now I'm really regretting not getting the HSN LG TS! I still can't believe we can't get any info for the possible Tracfone TSV on the 28th. What's it going to hurt? Whether I find out now or on the 28th what the QVC Tracfone TSV will be, it's not going to change the fact that I'll buy the HSN LG if the QVC phone doesn't have what I'm looking for...

Honored Contributor

@Pawz94- If I get any kind of pre-sale notice, I'll come back and post it.

Contributor

@Venezia  Thanks! I'd aprreciate that! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pawz94 wrote:

@Venezia  Thanks! I'd aprreciate that! Smiley Very Happy

@Pawz94- Did you see the Tracfone pre-sale information?  E230658.

It's a Samsung Galaxy, but IMO isn't as good a phone as the LG Fiesta that HSN offered.  It doesn't have as good a camera and the operating system isn't the newest one.

I also don't see any mention of triple minutes for life (but I haven't looked at all the details).

I'll pass on this one; I prefer LG phones.