New Contributor

I recently returned a 17" HP laptop First I have a big problem with Windows 8 I have 7 on my HP desk top. and every time I tired to open anything up there were all these pop ups to buy a million things. Is that something that all the HP laptop do that are ordered through QVC? My desk top never did that. It was just too frustrating to deal with, but I do want a new laptop my old Dell has windows XP. And I do love the HP. but do not want to deal with all the popups and having to sign in to Microsoft any time you tried to do any thing

Respected Contributor

It sounds like spyware. I would post this question in electronics if someone doesn't recommend a program to run. I use spybot search and destroy. A lot of times spyware comes on your computer when you add a program and don't uncheck the box to add another search engine.

New Contributor

But it was straight out of the box! Kept it a week maybe and returned it to QVC

Trusted Contributor

When you buy a new computer, there's almost always unnecessary software that can be uninstalled or disabled to make things run better. With Windows 8/8.1, you don't have to sign in to a Microsoft account. You're given the option when you're first setting up. You can also set up additional users with or without it.

Contributor

Forget HP get a MacBook Pro, i brought one 2 years ago because i got tired of having to buy a new computer every few years. Let me tell you, i haven't had 1 problem since i got it, and it runs as fast as the day i got it. No viruses, nothing. Just buy it from the Apple store, not QVC because even with the value pays, thats like buying 2 at the Apple store.

Super Contributor

You should be able to get rid of them. Check your installed programs. Something may have been downloaded you weren't aware of.

If you don't know how to do that ... find someone to help you. Easy to fix.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an HP Laptop that I purchase from QVC almost two years ago and I do not have this problem. Mine came with the lifetime version of Trend Micro for the anti-virus protection, and I also had the lifetime PC support. If you are offered this you can call them at any time and they would have taken care of this problem for you. HTH.