Honored Contributor

Re: TODAYS SPECIAL VALUE SWIMSUIT BE CAREFUL ON THIS ONE

I have more than 20 swimsuits.  I wear one almost everyday in the summertime.  Not one of my suits are a tight one piece.

This type of suit is not forgiving and shows every lump and bump. It also has no bust support if you arewell endowed.  They show a video of a model who is very busty and it's not working for her.

Also, I noticed on model Louanne, who looked great in the suit, that her cheeks were not covered when she turned around. That tells me the suit is not long enough in the torso.

These tight one piece suits are just a step above being naked, IMO.

If you want a well fitting suit with support and coverage, shop at Lands End.

Respected Contributor

I bought two well fitting, modest suits from Lands End last year. Haven’t worn them. Put one on before we left for a beach day- immediately took it off. I felt so bare. Was much more comfortable and less self conscious in shorts and tank top. And a bra. I don’t venture into the ocean past my ankles anyway. The only body parts I want to keep tanned are my arms, legs and face. Recent beach trips have shown me that women in my age group (60s,70s) vary widely in terms of what they want to display. Saw more than one saggy, overweight old broad in itsy bitsy teenie weenie bikinis. I wanted to boil my eyes after. I won’t do that to the public. You’re welcome.

Harmonize the World
Super Contributor

I saw video of an earlier presentation, and there was a well endowed model walking.  There definitely isn't enough support in this suit for me.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

You can see that the larger busted women are not supported in this suit. Even some of the smaller busted women, it doesn't seem to support. I can't understand buying a swimsuit without trying it on. Why do the hosts need to wear the swimsuits!!!

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

You can see that the larger busted women are not supported in this suit. Even some of the smaller busted women, it doesn't seem to support. I can't understand buying a swimsuit without trying it on. Why do the hosts need to wear the swimsuits!!!

@elated  I believe the hosts were told to wear them. I can't see someone as quiet, sedate and ladylike as Leah wanting to wear a swimsuit on tv. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated  I believe the hosts were told to wear them. I can't see someone as quiet, sedate and ladylike as Leah wanting to wear a swimsuit on tv. 

They have models to wear the swimsuits. All the hosts need to do is give details on the swimsuit. It just seems so unnecessary.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@elated wrote:

They have models to wear the swimsuits. All the hosts need to do is give details on the swimsuit. It just seems so unnecessary.

You took the words out of my mouth.

I remember one time LR said about wearing/modeling shorts that she did not wear on air. 

Esteemed Contributor

I second and third the comments that the best swim suits are sold by Lands' End.  I only buy bathing suits at Lands' End and have been happy with all the styles.

I am sure Kerstin could not wait to model the suit for the cameras.  I agree that the models are there to wear the clothes, especially swim suits and under garments.  Why would QVC make their hosts wear something that they were uncomforable wearing?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I bought the Jantzen TSV last year and I really like it. I'm 5'9" tall and it fits me fine. I was pleasantly surprised that it was long enough. The fabric is really nice. We have a pool so I have a lot of bathing suits and that is one of my favorites.

Super Contributor

I think QVC wants the hosts to wear the swimsuit is because the QVC shoppers relate to the hosts as friends. So when I see my friend wearing the swimsuit I think nice swimsuit I need to buy the swimsuit.