Today's TSV, the Mini 2, is SO overpriced!  It is available today at Walmart for $199.00 and at Target for $249.00, plus a $50 Target gift card.  The Mini 2 is not much larger than some of today's cell phones and does not need a keyboard. It's small size slips easily in most handbags or small brief cases. With an Apple product, Apple support is the only reliable way to go.  Save $200.00 and go to Walmart or Target!!

Honored Contributor

@virgo5

And besides better price at those stores -- I was in WM earlier and they are offering FREE finance (like Apple) 1 year free and $35 gift certificate.

plus, what you save you cut put towards Apple Care $100/2 years of tech support (real Apple support techs), warranty and personal set up

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with all you said.

And on the subject of Apple support, I was in the Apple store recently for my phone. While waiting for my genius guy I was chatting with an older gentleman who finally came into the Apple store for help.  He'd bought his iPad on HSN and got their support.  He was having problems with his iPad and called the support # and spent forever on the phone, repeated phone calls, and all people who couldn't speak English well and he couldn't understand.  After all of that and getting no help he finally broke down and came into Apple to see if they could help him.  While I was having my phone checked, another genius bar buy came up to help him, listened to what he said, showed him how to reboot his iPad and that was that.  That's all that needed to be done.  Had he had Apple care it would've been one phone call, no wait, perfect English, walked him through it and done in no time with no frustration.

Super Contributor

Got mine @"The Mart" back on Black Friday...for the $199 price you speak of.

Love, love, love it...I also have an iphone & laptop...only use my printer if needed

with my laptop...NOT my ipad or iphone!!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

And I've saved even the 199 -  I carry my smartphone and have this laptop which I use for everything else.

Beyond that, it's all marketing convincing us we need every machine the techies can invent.

Some do -  many don't and I'm one of those.

There are a gazillion things I'd buy for that 199 before I need/want any one's tablet.

Contributor

Re: TODAY'S iPAD MINI 2

[ Edited ]

I wonder how many people now they are buying an outdated Ipad mini?  As they are up to the Ipad Mini 4 now LMAO.  For the price they are selling the 2 for, you could get the brand new updated model.  Price for the brand new model starts at $399

Valued Contributor

why buy an old out dated ipad go buy the new one that just came out. they must have a large stock of them since they keep having them on all the time.

Honored Contributor

These very small pads are handy to slip in a pocket or purse,  but they will kill your eyes to use them as your primary Internet connection. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@bill09 wrote:

I wonder how many people now they are buying an outdated Ipad mini?  As they are up to the Ipad Mini 4 now LMAO.  For the price they are selling the 2 for, you could get the brand new updated model.  Price for the brand new model starts at $399

@bill09 .... I was just about to make the same comment as you did .... why would anyone buy the Ipad Mini 2 when they can get the newest  IPad Mini 4 ? ... also QVC only offers 16 or 32 MB which is not enough as far as I am concerned.

New Contributor

IPAD MINI 4 sold now at Best Buy for $299, $100 off. 7.9 Retina display. Apple IOS 9. 16GB. A8 chip. 8mp photos.  QVC model is Apple IOS 7, A7 chip, and 5mp photos.   Same info on the Apple website.