Respected Contributor

Re: TO BAREFOOT DREAMS SALES LADY AND TO QVC -- WHY THE "CON"?

I agree with all of you that say this is "deceptive"...but please don't blame the hosts and vendors. They are told what they must say, and probably risk losing their jobs if they are honest about whether the product really is in stock. And I don't know why, really, we expect them to be "honest"...their job is to sell.

QVC management/marketing is the one deserving of the blame!

Esteemed Contributor

I do agree that this information should be made available to the customer.  There is no way that QVC doesn't know the item is not in stock, come on!   I think the hosts and vendors are aware of it, I've seen at times on HSN they will literally say on air that "the item is on advanced order and will ship on such and such a date"....... and this nonsense about not being able to cancel an order is outrageous!! 

On the other hand the shipping issues are starting to be a problem again.  I have a couple orders out with different companies with zero tracking info that were ordered well before Thanksgiving.  Just items for my home so no worries regarding presents or anything.  I'm not ordering anything else at this point.

Respected Contributor

@wise decision & all

My similar experience was on the thread about the product.

Appreciate to @wise decision for starting a NEW specific thread about the experience.

When ADVANCE popped up I cancelled, as you can always do with an Advanced order. 

When that didn't go through, I call customer service—that agent was unable to cancel.

Then I emailed the Social Team—the agent was surprised, but couldn't cancel either.

As a long time Q shopper and former trial attorney, here's my take on this situation for this product:

Someone in Management made the decision to put a HOLD on cancellations for this product.

That explains why no one has been able to override it.

Why is anyone's guess, but is undoubtedly founded in $$.

What our choices are, as many have realized:

Wait for the item to eventually arrive, then return it (marked defective/not as ordered—to avoid return postage fee).

Or, wait for the item to arrive and keep it.

Complaining to management is not helpful here only because someone up the ladder (not in customer service) made the decision to stop even employees from overriding the NO CANCEL decision.

***What is useful about this specific thread is that we can report receiving the item OR having its status change to IN PROCESS or SHIPPED. Share info.

***Mine was the blue. In case that new color is the issue.

Respected Contributor

I never trust QVC for holiday shopping or for items I need quickly because their shipping process is so slow and unreliable. I'm surprised they haven't fixed this issue by now.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@wise decision    You are right  - it is on Nordstrom rack  but not $30 less.  It's $82.97.

@Teddixat Possibly it was a Cyber Monday deal and it expired.  

Regular Contributor

I think it is about the color, maybe.  It was that way once with Lug.  Anyway, I ordered TWO Beach Rock as soon as the TSV was shown at midnight.  Today is the 29th, 9 days later and it is still reading "Advanced Order" and hasn't shipped.  That is NOT about where I am located.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@wise decision & all

My similar experience was on the thread about the product.

Appreciate to @wise decision for starting a NEW specific thread about the experience.

When ADVANCE popped up I cancelled, as you can always do with an Advanced order. 

When that didn't go through, I call customer service—that agent was unable to cancel.

Then I emailed the Social Team—the agent was surprised, but couldn't cancel either.

As a long time Q shopper and former trial attorney, here's my take on this situation for this product:

Someone in Management made the decision to put a HOLD on cancellations for this product.

That explains why no one has been able to override it.

Why is anyone's guess, but is undoubtedly founded in $$.

What our choices are, as many have realized:

Wait for the item to eventually arrive, then return it (marked defective/not as ordered—to avoid return postage fee).

Or, wait for the item to arrive and keep it.

Complaining to management is not helpful here only because someone up the ladder (not in customer service) made the decision to stop even employees from overriding the NO CANCEL decision.

***What is useful about this specific thread is that we can report receiving the item OR having its status change to IN PROCESS or SHIPPED. Share info.

***Mine was the blue. In case that new color is the issue.

@1Professor - I ALWAYS appreciate your comments and analysis. 

Typically I just look for assistance/resolution directly with CS and move on. 

I too ordered the TSV in blue as well the joggers in blue. I very much LOVE the BD pants and acquire new colors regardless of having a 'matching'BD topper

The pants have shipped and expect delivery today.

My TSV cardi order also changed to Advance Order with no notice, email etc. And it's locked - not able to cancel. A calculated decision by Q to try to avoid cancellations. Not cool

I will return my order for full refund. Am thinking about calling Q Corporate CS to file a formal complaint. That's what I suggest we all do - it's an option that I think will garner attention bc that team is escalation and they do respond to every complaint I have filed with them

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

I am thinking of calling the Federal Trade Commission.  Have done it years ago and got results.

The close-to-extortion part is that immediately after ordered the site reads "Advanced Order" and can't be cancelled.  If that isn't "forcibly obtaining money" I don't know what is.

Honored Contributor

@wise decision wrote:

I am thinking of calling the Federal Trade Commission.  Have done it years ago and got results.

The close-to-extortion part is that immediately after ordered the site reads "Advanced Order" and can't be cancelled.  If that isn't "forcibly obtaining money" I don't know what is.

@wise decision - don't add addtl stress to your life. Just return it on Q's dime. 

Send email to Q's Easy Returns team asking for full credit including the return shipping fee.

This will end up costing Q bc they will need to provide full credits. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

My order never once said advance order but there it sits....processing. I didn't need it in a hurry or anything it's just irritating. Unless I absolutely LOVE it I will return it on QVC's dime just on principle. Says estimated delivery is 12/1 but I don't see that happening.