Honored Contributor

Re: TO BAREFOOT DREAMS SALES LADY AND TO QVC -- WHY THE "CON"?

Well they are still selling that item today -- it was just in Carolyn's live show on QVC 2. Not one word about it being an Advance Order, so there may be more frustrated shoppers soon. It appears QVC does not care -- they want the sale and who cares if they cannot deliver as stated. Wow!

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl@wise decision@Caaareful Shopper@Linmo+ all

**** My order has just DISAPPEARED from my Order List.

Was there this morning.

Now no longer listed.

Belated honoring of my original attempt to cancel 10 days ago?

Anyone else?

Honored Contributor

@1Professorwrote:

@Chi-town girl@wise decision@Caaareful Shopper@Linmo+ all

**** My order has just DISAPPEARED from my Order List.

Was there this morning.

Now no longer listed.

Belated honoring of my original attempt to cancel 10 days ago?

Anyone else?

@1Professor- my order is still listed and it's still Advance Order. I will definitely keep you all posted on my developments since I monitor my open orders daily

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

OK. Tonight, Dec 1, I just got "preparing your order" for the 2 BD TSVs I ordered at midnight on Nov 21 -- 10 to 11 days ago. I will be advising when the notice changes to "shipped".

Here's hoping that our "forced Advance Orders" are NOT returns. Remember how the BD TSV earlier in the year consisted largely of RETURNS from last Christmas? Otherwise I never would have been suspicious of something like that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is the holiday season and things will go wrong. I did get the Ugg boots for my daughter that I thought I wouldn't get, but my ShopHQ Isomers present I bought for myself is stuck somewhere between UPS and USPS in my town. If I don't get it by Monday, I have to start the long ShopHQ process of submitting a claim. At least with QVC, if you don't receive an item, they will replace or refund quickly.

@1ProfessorYou would think if your order was canceled, it would still show up on your order page, but with a canceled status. Maybe ask the Social Team to investigate?

@wise decisionI'm glad your orders are getting ready to ship.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

Thank you for all the effort you have put into the Barefoot Dreams Advance Order issue.

It's very interesting that the corporate line is that the cause of the problem (not being able to cancel the order) is a SYSTEMS ISSUE.

I recently had an encounter with another "SYSTEMS ISSUE" with a local utility. For years, the monthly bill arrived in the first week of the month. Recently, the bill just did not arrive. I waited, then called the utility company. The customer service representative seemed rather bored and unconcerned, but to her credit, she did help me. She blamed the fact that I did not receive a bill on a "SYSTEMS ISSUE." She said she would forward my information to Accounting and I would receive a bill. That did happen like she told me. I was not charged a late fee. So, all-in-all, I was happy with that outcome.

This week I ordered from a website that sells fudge .(The company offers fudge on QVC, but I wasn't going to order through them, at this point.) The fudge company had big "banners," informing customers of various discounts they were offering to customers. My order should have been discounted 15%. However, I could not get the 15 % to apply when I went to the checkout process. I decided to NOT order, but I did email the company to let them know they lost a sale. Someone emailed me back. Guess what? Another "SYSTEMS ERROR."

Is this just new company speak for "WE MESSED UP?"

At any rate, as always, BUYER BEWARE.

Frequent Contributor

I received the blue one but it was defective the front was too long and the back was short. sent it back. I was a first time barefoot dream buyer and it will be my last.
Occasional Contributor

I too hate a con and when it happens to me I cancel the order.

Respected Contributor

@Linmowrote:

It is the holiday season and things will go wrong. I did get the Ugg boots for my daughter that I thought I wouldn't get, but my ShopHQ Isomers present I bought for myself is stuck somewhere between UPS and USPS in my town. If I don't get it by Monday, I have to start the long ShopHQ process of submitting a claim. At least with QVC, if you don't receive an item, they will replace or refund quickly.

@1ProfessorYou would think if your order was canceled, it would still show up on your order page, but with a canceled status. Maybe ask the Social Team to investigate?

@wise decisionI'm glad your orders are getting ready to ship.

@Linmo

Finally, in the evening it popped back, now with CANCELLED on 12-1.

Honored Contributor

Hi all - my order status is now ''Preparing Your Order". Estimated arrival is still 12/2 which is not accurate

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri