Regular Contributor

Re: TO BAREFOOT DREAMS SALES LADY AND TO QVC -- WHY THE "CON"?

[ Edited ]

I appreciate your efforts. But I am taking a stand against deception. I seriously do not care about the money as much as I care about HONESTY. A company like QVC has a HUGE "IT" department and it has been ten days now and I don't believe they were unable to "fix" the "cancel" button in 10 days. I am fine with anyone who disagrees.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girlIt's good to read that you received a response and that those who wish to return will receive full credit. Who knows why the cancellation feature for advanced orders didn't kick in? QVC does have it's problems, but overall I think their customer service handles things in the right way.

Honored Contributor

@wise decisionwrote:

I appreciate your efforts. But I am taking a stand against deception. I seriously do not care about the money as much as I care about HONESTY. A company like QVC has a HUGE "IT" department and it has been ten days now and I don't believe they were unable to "fix" the "cancel" button in 10 days. I am fine with anyone who disagrees.

@wise decision- I too respect your opinion. I wish I had been available for Leslie's call so that I could have probed it more. And offered suggestions like - send emails to everyone affected with an Advance Order and offer the resolution options in addition to estimated ship date.

I encourage you to consider a call to Corporate CS to share your frustrations directly. I will let you know when my order ships - let's keep this thread updated as a resource for everyone. Thank you!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Linmowrote:

@Chi-town girlIt's good to read that you received a response and that those who wish to return will receive full credit. Who knows why the cancellation feature for advanced orders didn't kick in? QVC does have it's problems, but overall I think their customer service handles things in the right way.

@Linmo- yes, I too have good experience with the various Q CS teams. And every customer should do what's best for themselves. No shame in keeping it or expressing doubt/frustration with the situation. I'm not happy about it and have decided I no longer want the item

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

Fabulous work getting and then sharing information.

At the same time, there are 2 separate issues that frustrate us.

1. Why can't we or anyone in QVC Customer Service cancel an Advance order?

2. Why is an order placed on TSV day 11/21!! STILL NOT IN PROCESS 10 days later?

Leslie should have addressed #2 whether or not she was actually on the phone with you. Corporate training is standard and you address all issues with an item a customer is frustrated with.

Leslie should have explained that she also checked and some items are not yet in stock, for example.

4.25 am December 1 California time.

My item is still showing Advance.

***I did figure one clue for future issues.

I was not able to Expedite this order. That choice was not available.

I have been expediting everything.

I suspect, now, that if you cannot Expedite a TSV—items are probably still not in a warehouse anywhere.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor- Leslie didn't mention any issue with inventory, just specifically about the ordering system. Do we know for sure only specific colors are impacted?

I've since ordered another TSV - the HALO. It shipped very very quickly and was delivered on Monday.

There should have been some sort of follow up communication to BD customers by now.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE ! Certain colors Immediately went to "advance order" (without customers being informed) and were never able to be canceled (a departure from the norm) and no one in customer service was able to cancel because of a "systems failure" (only on those particular colors) and this was not fixed by a massive IT department within ten days and counting. And the order cannot be expedited.

We KNOW what is going on. As soon as we hit that "purchase" button we ordered ourselves a big headache.

Honored Contributor

@wise decisionwrote:

THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE ! Certain colors Immediately went to "advance order" (without customers being informed) and were never able to be canceled (a departure from the norm) and no one in customer service was able to cancel because of a "systems failure" (only on those particular colors) and this was not fixed by a massive IT department within ten days and counting. And the order cannot be expedited.

We KNOW what is going on. As soon as we hit that "purchase" button we ordered ourselves a big headache.

@wise decision- my order for the Mirage Blue color did not go to immediate Advance Order. It was the next day when I checked my account that it was labeled Advance Order

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's possible that the TSV is being shipped directly from the vendor and not from a QVC warehouse. That would explain not being able to cancel or expedite the order.

Super Contributor

Not right if you were not told Advanced Order IMO. I can find great sweaters just like BD for a fraction of the cost everywhere. I have sold BD in a boutique as well as ordered a couple from Q. Did not buy BD even with my discount at the boutique and returned the Q purchases. Years ago it was cool to own a BD; now it is siimply copied and overexposed.