Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

TO BAREFOOT DREAMS SALES LADY AND TO QVC -- WHY THE "CON"?

Why are many of our TSV orders on "Advanced Order" WHEN THAT WAS NEVER MENTIONED IN THE PRESENTATION?   We KNOW it was intentional.  Why is BD brand and QVC "playing" their loyal customers.  AND why are you not telling us when it will arrive and WHY are you not allowing those who want to, cancel the ORDER?

Why are you INTENTIONALLY double-crossing us?

Why won't you explain yourself here?

Honored Contributor

Re: TO BAREFOOT DREAMS SALES LADY AND TO QVC -- WHY THE "CON"?

[ Edited ]

This has been a common complaint.  It's not only Barefoot Dreams.  How many times were we led to believe something was in stock only to find out after we submitted the order, it wasn't?  

QVC never told use beforehand it was not in stock.  Last Christmas, things got so bad, QVC then told us they would let us know if something was in stock; however, following Christmas, it started all over again.

I did a lot of shopping elsewhere and did not experience this occurring at any other retailer. 

It's obvious QVC is having problems getting orders in on time, so they are selling them before they are in their warehouses.  We know there have been delays for some time, but the real problem is QVC not telling customers when something is not in stock.  They order thinking their item is in stock.  It really is a very poor business practice.   

Contributor

Agreed. I did a customer service chat and tried to cancel my order and was told it was "too far along in the process". Obviously not too far along as it's been processing for 9 days. She did tell me if I chose to return to mark the "item not as described" option and the return fee would be waived. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wise decision The Barefoot Dreams rep is not to blame.  She has nothing to do with fulfilling orders.  Her job is to explain the product. 

Respected Contributor

I am another customer who is unhappy with Barefoot Dreams, the vendor and QVC.  I ordered the recent TSV.  AFTER I ordered it, the "Advance Order" notice popped up.  The ship date said November 23.  I could live with that.  So, I did not complain or inquire about my order.  Now it is November 28.  My order still reads "Advance Order."  I contacted Wayne on Customer Service.  He looked into the situation.  He replied that "unfortunately, the order cannot be cancelled."  I want to cancel it.  I no longer want the item.  Contrary to what some have stated, I do believe the vendor, Maria, knew that there was a problem and not all items were available.  The vendor or the host should have been honest with QVC customers and told us, up front, that there would be ADVANCE ORDERS.  This is a very deceptive business practice.  Shame on you, Barefoot Dreams.  Shame on you, hosts.  Shame on you QVC!

Respected Contributor

I can relate to how all of you feel.  I ordered a pair of Uggs on Black Friday as a Christmas gift for my daughter (not on QVC).  My card has been credited for what I was charged.  I'm disappointed that I now need to find a similar replacement, but it's not the end of the world.

The BD TSV is available on Nordstrom Rack right now for a lower price.  I didn't order the TSV, but if I did and needed it sooner, I would order it from the Rack and return the QVC one when I received it.  The Rack price is around $62.  SIze XS is all sold out but other sizes are available in most colors.

Esteemed Contributor

I cut myself off from ordering until next year because I cannot trust an item is really in stock and will get to me in time for the holidays.  

Regular Contributor

OMG!  OMG!   THERE IT IS.  On Nordstram Rack RIGHT NOW in the color "advanced ordered" for $62.  More than $30 less.  What in the world is going on?  What a scam!

And, BTW, I am VERY SURE Maria knows when colors are not in stock.  I am so disapppointed in these people and no sweater is so comfy that I want to do business with people who CHOOSE to intentionally deceive.

Valued Contributor

I ordered this TSV and received it Sunday. No advance order. It could be a delay in where you are located. The rep has nothing to do with it. It is a lovely sweater cardigan one of the nicest I have received. I hope you enjoy it once you get it.
Esteemed Contributor

@wise decision    You are right  - it is on Nordstrom rack  but not $30 less.  It's $82.97.