Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So who is buying?  Funny, but I have never purchased a cosmetic TSV.  Tarte looks nice enough but I thought the price was on the high side.  The cosmetics are mass produced so the cost is way down.  This is no bargain, Beauties.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

So who is buying?  Funny, but I have never purchased a cosmetic TSV.  Tarte looks nice enough but I thought the price was on the high side.  The cosmetics are mass produced so the cost is way down.  This is no bargain, Beauties.  Cat Tongue

Mass Produced? as opposed to what, handmade artisan make-up?

I do not think anyone believes that Ms Chanel or Ms Maybelline are hand crafting makeup some where.

I will say though Tarte products are very pigmented, long lasting and smooth.  Their shadows and blushes are lovely.

Respected Contributor

I am not buying.  I have a Tarte Showstopper Pallet, so I don't need another one. It's in the exact packaging and configuration, it's just the colors are different.  I enjoy using the pallet, but I find the pallet little too heavy. Also, the stick foundation is not good for my oily, acne-prone skin (too pore-clogging).

Regular Contributor

Not buying......a KOSE corporate product. There are much better options out there. These big corporations buy a niche company that has bulit a great following and make a cheap version of those favored products, thinking we are too stupid to notice the difference. Not buying it.

Trusted Contributor

I'm buying. If we wanted bargains, why wouldn't we go to the drugstore and buy those products?

Trusted Contributor

No, I will not be purchasing.

gonna pass on this one.

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying for 2 reasons.  1.  I do not like mixed pallettes like that.  Everything ends up in everything else.  2.  Even if I did like pallettes, I do not need this at all.  I have more blush and eyeshadows than I would use in a lifetime.

Funny thing is though on my computer, the colors look very, very warm, almost muddy.  On my smart phone, they look very cool.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not buying.  I saw the presentation and the stick foundation on the models look waxy.  I need something that looks natural.

Esteemed Contributor

Tarte products are inferior. The TSV even looks like a cheap drugstore item.

The colors look awful.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Tarte products are inferior. The TSV even looks like a cheap drugstore item.

The colors look awful.

@hopi what Tarte products have you used that you find inferior?

The Tarte BB cream is now my go to foundation.  It was recommended to me over a year ago in Sephora and I haven't looked back.  I was very hesitant at first because I didn't think a BB cream would do it for me but it's an excellant product.

I know several people who use the full coverage Amazonian Clay foundation and have been using it for years as well.   

I've never tried anything other than the BB cream.