Trusted Contributor
Any thoughts on this hairdryer ?
Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I have a previous version of the T3 (not the travel one) and I love it. I have had it probably 2 years, which is good lifespan for a hair dryer.

I am really interested in this new one. The soft air would be beneficial for my hair, as I have a thyroid condition that has not been kind to my hair. It is fragile, and thin. My T3 now is great, it is not a windstorm and dries so fast. Less than 5 minutes and my hair is below my shoulders.

I can see the TSV is an even gentler air flow. I cannot complain about the price. I went through so many $30.00 hair dryers before I bought my T3. I believe I paid $139, but as I said, I have had it for 2 years. I use it 3-4 times a week, and my adult son uses it every morning.

Mine is very lightwieght (another reason I git it). I think all the T3's are very lightweight. The heat is gentle, but this new one looks even more gentle.

Trusted Contributor
It really has bad reviews, with most stating that it is heavy and NOT lightweight, and that the cord tangles terribly. I am in the market for a new hairdryer but all the bad reviews has mewondering if this is worth it.
Valued Contributor

I just read the reviews and a lot of posters thought it was heavy. 

Valued Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I have a previous version of the T3 (not the travel one) and I love it. I have had it probably 2 years, which is good lifespan for a hair dryer.

I am really interested in this new one. The soft air would be beneficial for my hair, as I have a thyroid condition that has not been kind to my hair. It is fragile, and thin. My T3 now is great, it is not a windstorm and dries so fast. Less than 5 minutes and my hair is below my shoulders.

I can see the TSV is an even gentler air flow. I cannot complain about the price. I went through so many $30.00 hair dryers before I bought my T3. I believe I paid $139, but as I said, I have had it for 2 years. I use it 3-4 times a week, and my adult son uses it every morning.

Mine is very lightwieght (another reason I git it). I think all the T3's are very lightweight. The heat is gentle, but this new one looks even more gentle.

I agree, I think 2 years is a fair life span. I ordered the white and love the rose gold accent. I checked reviews at Ulta and Sephora both had many 5 star reviews. It is selling for $250 at both stores but includes a round brush. I currently use Amika Power Cloud and it's about ready to go. My Amika weighs 23 ounces and is heavy. The T3 weighs just over 18 ounces (weight on q website is wrong) so alittle bit lighter. I am excited to try T3. 

Honored Contributor

Re: T3 luxe 2i hair dryer

[ Edited ]
Purchased my first T3 luxe fall 2016, Shawn's beauty show. One day special price including brush 130.00 beautiful white and rose gold. Never paid that much for a dryer. My experience outstanding. Lives up to the hype. Coming back today order one for DIL and GD. Trying to decide the color? Think black? Though like the blue. Which one?
Respected Contributor

The dryer looks huge, I don't see how it can be that light.  Some of the posters here mentioned the reviews weren't that good...heavy, cord tangles.  IMO good idea to check it out at a beauty supply store to see if it's all that...

Honored Contributor

Re: T3 luxe 2i hair dryer

[ Edited ]
Mine isn't heavy and it's full size. Most comfortable dryer. However! Drying time is cut short, So it's hard telling the weight. Love mine!
Respected Contributor

I have the T3 Luxe 2i Hairdryer since September 2011. It is purple (and came with a brush) and the list price is $250. I think I purchased it for about $170 or $180 from a sale from one of those popular online sites. It is genuine because I called up T3 and verified this.I thought that was expensive until I saw the Dyson Dryer's $399 price tag.

Anyway, it still works fine and finally, I bought the diffuser in the last month. That list price is $30 but I got it from Overstock and I think shipping and handling...the cost was about $18.00.

I also have the GHD flat iron for arond the same tme.

Both work..and are fine. Do I think it is incredible and makes my wavy hair straight. Nope. It is just like any other dryer except that  Dyson Dryer.

My hair dryer and flat iron have been out of warranty for a while and have been working unfortunately. Now, I don't have a good reason to buy a Dyson.