Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sweatshirt Brings Inner Peace

I find this line silly as I have stated on here before.  Nothing against those who like it, just not for me.  Though I feel peace and love and wish it for the world, everyone doesn't need to read it on me.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

I saw a few PLW shirts at Macys before Christmas. It was a very small picked over selection.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't care for this because personally that collar/hood would drive me to distraction but the vendor also lost me when she was presenting with Pat and started talking about how these sweatshirts promote world peace.  It was just ridiculous.

However, if I liked the shirt, her sales spiels wouldn't deter me.

I shop in Kohls and have been in Target a lot and I've never seen anythng like this sweatshirt in either store. 

@Lipstickdiva  I am puzzled at why folks so often talk about you could get one cheaper.  Yes, probably.  If you bought one at Wal Mart you could get one at the Salvation Army shop cheaper than that.  So what?  

Maybe someone wants one from Wal Mart instead of the Salvation Army.  Why would someone else care enough to point that out? 

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree!

Honored Contributor

The most recent presentations of the way the TSV's were styled looked much better to me than the way they looked in the beginning and earlier presentations.  Not as much gathering around the neckline, etc.  So, I do like this TSV and the way it was more recently styled on the models, host, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I honestly don't think much about the sayings on the hood as much as I love the material and the shape of the top. I think it is super comfy and cute.  I wear work clothes all week and on the weekend, after I exercise, I want to be comfortable.  If my son needs a ride somewhere, I want to not look like I am in my husbands sweatshirt.  The hoodie and matching pants are cute together and I would not be embarassed if my 16 year olds friends popped over and I was wearing the set.

SOLD

Deb

Honored Contributor

The sayings are okay for tee shirts but I would not want a wardrobe of sayings on my hoodies, pants, etc.  Too much is overkill.  I personally have never purchased a piece of clothing from this line.  The tee shirts are not 100% cotton or pima cotton so I question the quality.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I am on a self imposed spending freeze on all clothing, shoes, handbags, and jewelry.  Were I not, I would probably buy the black and the blue.  I am not impressed with the words, although I think the world needs more peace, love, and strength, I just think they are kind of cute.  They are expensive and you can find less expensive ones at Target and Kohl's but I never shop there. 

Esteemed Contributor

Its just a selling tactic, not a big deal. I happen to love the sweatshirts, very cool and more modern than a regular sweatshirt. (Showed my daughter and 1 teen granddaughter and they loved it). I had 1 in my cart but then changed my mind only because I don't really need it and we just about paid all our Christmas shopping bills so I passed. But I almost bought it.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles