Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver's Upcoming TSV

I like it, do not need it, will probably get it.  Since Miss Maui has been with us, she unfortunately has gained weight and we will be walking it off--both her and me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Regular Contributor

I really like this coat but not sure on the sizing. Should I size up since its a coat???? Thanks!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Arley1210. Did you check the garment measurements?  As I recall it appeared to run large.

I think it's really cute and a good buy but I'm coat poor and don't need another.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Regarding the sizing--my experience has been to size down because the medium size coat similar to this which I had in the past ran quite big.  I usually am a medium and had to swap for a small if I didn't want it falling off my shoulders..  I like this but am in a quandry trying to choose between three colors! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the blue and red ones. The sizing seemed on target  as one typically wants to wear a coat over other things. I always get medium jackets and I intend to do the same for this jacket.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several of Susan's bonded coats and love them.  I surely don't need another coat, but as I say - it is not what you need, it's what you want, so I will be getting the black/houndstooth and the wine floral.  My coat closet is beyond full and I have donated several coats already this season.  I will go through the closet again the donate a couple more.

Honored Contributor

Hi @KathyM23   I've read reviews of the Graver fleece coats that are currently available and there have been comments about the fleece shedding.  Also, because these are reversible and therefore unlined, some people said it was hard getting the fleece coat on when wearing a knit top or lightweight sweater.

Have you experienced shedding or problems with the fleece jacket dragging across sleeves of knit tops.  I wear alot of long sleeved knit tops (60 cotton/40 poly) and I don't want to have to fight a coat on.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   The bonded fleece coats are different than regular fleece jackets.  I have not had any problem with getting the coats on and I wear sweaters in the winter (usually cotton/modal, cotton/rayon or rayon/nylon. not heavy cable sweaters) 

As for shedding, I have never had any fleece jackets or coats that I purchased from QVC that shed.  I have so many Susan Graver fleece jackets (not the bonded fleece, but just fleece) and I love them.  I also have many fleece jackets from Issac Mizrahi.

I don't understand comments about shedding.  I have never had that issue.  I hate to say how many fleece QVC items I own, because it is a shame!  No problems ever with any of them,  Also get many compliments.

Of course the jackets do not have poly lining in the sleeves as they are bonded fleece so they don't just slide on, but they are certainly not hard to get on.  Maybe those who had an issue getting the coats on bought a size too small. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama I have several and have not experienced ANY of the issues you mentioned. They're very well made and really comfortable, warm, and cozy.

Super Contributor

I have had a similar coat for years, it washes well and doesn't shed at all.  I love it, going to get another.