Respected Contributor

Re: Susan Graver TSV this week?

I think it’s pretty, but it’s not my style. I love the colors.
Trusted Contributor

@haddon9wrote:

@Rockycoastwrote:

@faeriemoon- No need to apologize faeriemoon. My grandmother had a kimono like this for as many years as I can remember. She wore it to dinners, weddings,etc. It is matronly, "old lady" looking. That is what I see when I look at a style like this...my grandma.

While I like the idea of a sheer cardigan, matronly was the first thing that I thought of when I saw it.  The print is too busy and the sleeves too flowy.

It looks more like nightwear.  Not something I would wear, nor purchase for anyone I considered to be a friend.  All I can say is no, absolutely NO!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9wrote:

@Rockycoastwrote:

@faeriemoon- No need to apologize faeriemoon. My grandmother had a kimono like this for as many years as I can remember. She wore it to dinners, weddings,etc. It is matronly, "old lady" looking. That is what I see when I look at a style like this...my grandma.

While I like the idea of a sheer cardigan, matronly was the first thing that I thought of when I saw it.  The print is too busy and the sleeves too flowy.

you mean you  won't "wear it often to any event"?

Honored Contributor

not loving this one, she has done better

Respected Contributor

@Flady1wrote:

I stopped buying Susan Graver a while ago.  Not fashionable enough for me.   It seems to be for larger sizes.  Wish they would get more fashionable clothing!!

You're a prime example why I don't take any fashion comments seriously on these boards. 

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon I'm 65 "OLD" & I wouldn't wear this,lol.... I did look for reviews (just curious), but none written. I thought I had seen this piece before, but maybe thinking of the other sheer poncho type top. I'm not a fan of sheer fabric. This seems shapeless.

Frequent Contributor

Not fashionable? Old lady? Grandma?  How old are y'all? I'm literally LOLing here!  Kimonos are IN!  They're very fashionable.  I've seen plenty of young girls wearing kimonos.  

FWIW, I'm contemplating getting the purple.  I really don't need any clothes but it's really pretty and would be nice for summer...

Respected Contributor

I think it is very pretty and I don't see it as old or matronly at all.  

New Contributor

New Contributor

I love it! Kimonos are in. If you think it is shapeless add a thin belt and I think it will look amazing! Surprised they are not showing it that way.