Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver TSV- Monday, October 3, 2022

Just went through all my bottoms yesterday, and even removing a half dozen pairs to donate to the clothes going to the west coast Floridians, I still have enough for my own "winter" -   not buying anyone's current offerings nor pining for any from the past.

Honored Contributor

I'd really like to see a few different TSVs. And I am now calling QVC the Shoe Channel.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Frequent Contributor

Do not need these. In retirement, I live in jeans, leggings and my workout clothes. I have black ponte pants from Talbots, so I am set if I need them. I personally am okay with laying flat to dry as I do that with most of my clothes. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

Just went through all my bottoms yesterday, and even removing a half dozen pairs to donate to the clothes going to the west coast Floridians, I still have enough for my own "winter" -   not buying anyone's current offerings nor pining for any from the past.

Pining is a strong word.  Missing Louis's fashions in that it would be nice if they were still available, yes.  Pining, no.  

I think that it is very kind of you to donate ❤

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately there will never be another Linea unless they can convince him to return, which I highly doubt that he will. His clothes line was untouchable and I will cherish the pieces that I have. Jason Wu is a good designer but just needs a little tweaking for we more mature women. I’ve ordered some of his pieces and have been quite pleased with the details and quality of the fabric used. I had 3 pairs of these pants in my cart until I saw lay flat to dry. It’s not really a deal breaker but honestly I don’t want to hand wash or lay anything flat to dry if I don’t have to. I do like to dry my clothes on low for a few minutes after using the wrinkle release feature but I don’t want damp clothes laying around too long bc it just looks messy. Has anyone purchased her Ponte pants with this fabric content before and can share how they laundered? Any puckering at the seams? etc. if so, please share and thank you in advance.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan's clothes are just overpriced, IMO, especially after you add on tax and shipping. The few things I have been willing to try of her line have been big disappointments in that the sizing is off and items actually look cheap. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Occasional Contributor

IMO, the shoes that the Product Host is wearing with these Ponte Knit pants does not look good together. I don't think it looks attractive, and it isn't making me want to purchase these pants. I keep hoping she will switch to different shoes. The models are doing a better job with choice of shoes.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@livinthelife101 wrote:
Unfortunately there will never be another Linea unless they can convince him to return, which I highly doubt that he will. His clothes line was untouchable and I will cherish the pieces that I have. Jason Wu is a good designer but just needs a little tweaking for we more mature women. I’ve ordered some of his pieces and have been quite pleased with the details and quality of the fabric used. I had 3 pairs of these pants in my cart until I saw lay flat to dry. It’s not really a deal breaker but honestly I don’t want to hand wash or lay anything flat to dry if I don’t have to. I do like to dry my clothes on low for a few minutes after using the wrinkle release feature but I don’t want damp clothes laying around too long bc it just looks messy. Has anyone purchased her Ponte pants with this fabric content before and can share how they laundered? Any puckering at the seams? etc. if so, please share and thank you in advance.

I miss those gorgeous leather jackets that Louis made!  I wish I could get more now that I lost some weight!  I still have a couple of old ones in my closet but I'm not sure if I will be wearing them since they are a bit roomy now.  Seems like everything is faux or vegan leather here now.

As for the TSV pants, I could use a pair of basic black that are comfortable and can be worn as either casual or a bit more dressy....there is something about the fit on these that just seem off to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@GoodyShoes wrote:
Fit is very different on host versus product rep. The garment measurements do no appear to have negative ease. I wonder if the host is in the wrong size. But ponte usually does have negative ease through the hips?

This makes me miss Louis Del Olio. He had the best ponte pants. They had some weight to them but they were not bulky. Louis was truly prescient with some of his creations before he left.

@GoodyShoes You are so right.  Louis made the best ponte pants.  So glad I still have so many with matching whisper knit tops which I also love.  Best fabric ever.

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Pining is a strong word.  Missing Louis's fashions in that it would be nice if they were still available, yes.  Pining, no.  

I think that it is very kind of you to donate ❤

I could pine over missing Louis's fashions.  Miss his talent and the beautiful collections he brought to us, especially his fall fabrics.