Respected Contributor

Re: Susan Graver TSV Dress - Do u like it?

IMHO it looks like a maternity dress. I think it would be more flattering if the tiers were higher or lower. This looks like you are trying to hide a tummy.

Esteemed Contributor

No,don't like it.  And I especially dislike it with a shrug knotted up above the waist. Looks so dated that way and Susan does that constantly.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

This dress is totally dated.  The prints are so 10 years ago, Susan never updates her prints always so large and stripey.  It's too long for a true petite girl - I am 5' 1" tall and this dress would hit below my knee making me look shorter.  And those tiers...yuck.  Susan needs to come into the year 2020...this dress is way to fussy.

Edited:  And it's made in China!  Come on Susan let's start making stuff in the USA

Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I actually do like it and I particularly like the matching shrug that is offered as an extra purchase. This price of the dress is good ($39) and it also comes in petite, which fits me well. I honestly dont NEED a dress, but I am tempted because sizes and styles always sell out....so if i think I would like it later, now is the time to purchase. Do any of you like it? Will you be puchasing the SG dress? Which style or pattern do you like the best?

It's made in China.  No way will I be purchasing anything from there.  For the lives lost, the jobs lost, the businesses lost, the finances lost, the heartache caused, I can boycott China.  I don't need a dress or anything else from there.  There are enough clothes made in Vietnam, Sri Lanka, the Philippines that I can be happy with.  How I wish we could find more things made in America.  And how "clever" of QVC to refer to items as "imported" in explaining the details of the garment.  "Imported" from where QVC????  

Esteemed Contributor

I liked it and I bought it in the black and the black shrug because I don't like sleeveless on me. I won't tie the shrug though.

I went back and ordered the lace cardigan in black too. I need a nice black dress that is a little flowy...

I am built like Mary Beth and I think it will look nice on me.

Respected Contributor

God No, it is terrible.  Was channel surfing and saw Jane in the red version of the Susan Graver dress.  It was not flattering at all. The teirs are not placed correctly. It added inches to Janes's hip area.  Not a good look at all. When is QVC going to find a better designer for in house clothing?

Esteemed Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
The placement/angles of the tiers look very maternity to me.

--------------------

I agree!!  With those tiers in that area, it looks like  no body has a waist!!  Even sweet, littlest sized Brenda! Everyone looks squared off!!  

Thought it was cute and a good price until I found out it was made in China! Time to shop only USA made!

Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

God No, it is terrible.  Was channel surfing and saw Jane in the red version of the Susan Graver dress.  It was not flattering at all. The teirs are not placed correctly. It added inches to Janes's hip area.  Not a good look at all. When is QVC going to find a better designer for in house clothing? 

When Customers stop buying Susan Graver.  🙅‍♀️🥴

Respected Contributor

Some of these prints would make very nice camp shirts, but I haven't worn a dress in decades.