Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal   They really are not your grandmothers couch covers.

If I didn't have dogs that jump on my furniture, I wouldn't use covers, but I have expensive furniture and want to keep it pristine.  These work really well and are comfortable.

I remove them if I have company.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

These things just look cheap and tacky, imo. They remind me of back in the days when my Grandmother kept plastic covers on the sofa.

For anyone who has pets (cats or dogs), they're a godsend.  And, no, they aren't cheap and tacky.  I have two previous sets and they're very good quality.

Esteemed Contributor

I got the sofa and the chair one last year. The foam inserts do not stay tucked nor do they stay in the pockets they are suppose to.  We changed out for wooden dowels. Would not purchase again.

Honored Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

Do you have one on a recliner ?  Wondering if they come untucked every time the chair is reclined.

@VancouverUSAgal   I betcha they'd slide right off a faux or real leather reclining chair.  Everything else does. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@crazycockermom   I have had no problems washing them.  They spin dry in the washer pretty well and dry really fast too.  There is no plastic feel to them. 

I only load one cover in the washer at a time.

Hmm.  Maybe I should give it another try.  Maybe my washer was just on its last leg and the surefit cover happened to be the last straw.  Thank you for responding!

And for those wondering why people like these so much, they are wonderful if you have pets.  I do take them off when we have company though. 

Honored Contributor

Was going to buy it for my new sofa--had one on my old one and then remembered how often I had to straigten the dang thing out after anyone sat on it---just about everytime ---a real pain---so I got a nice twin sized blanket for the seat and another one for the back--it's a 3 seat recliner couch so has a  higher back than normal----Looks good and didn't cost almost $90

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom - I should've said that I've had no trouble washing and drying these Surefit covers.  If for some reason I think my washer hasn't spun out enough water, I just give it an extra spin.  But they dry really easily so far for me.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

These things just look cheap and tacky, imo. They remind me of back in the days when my Grandmother kept plastic covers on the sofa.

For anyone who has pets (cats or dogs), they're a godsend.  And, no, they aren't cheap and tacky.  I have two previous sets and they're very good quality.

I like them.  Have them on 2 sofas and a loveseat.  My furniture is nearly 40 years old and I used SureFit to "refresh" the look of warn stained cushions.  So the SureFit covers are not only used to protect elegant new furniture.  Many of us cannot on the boards cannot afford new funiture.

Trusted Contributor

i just changed mine and put on my gray colored ones.. look so nice.  these surefit covers are real good quality i think. i have no pets.. but i have  a real light colored couch... i will never get a light colored couch again lol my next one will be dark.. at least if these get dirty i can just wash them... 

Trusted Contributor

the estimated ship date said 9/14.. i got mine today on the 8th.. and the other set i got is on the way also... they shipped them out faster than expected..