Honored Contributor

Do any of you have these? I have an L-shaped couch and will need to buy 2, but the shipping is $44.44, so I'm no sure if I want to risk buying them and they not fit properly. We measured the couch, and by the measurements they will fit, but having an L-shaped couch, there may be some overlap. I'm usually pretty decisive but on this I'm not so sure. The reviews are really good. Any opinions?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

FYI, the TSV shows $5 shipping per item so that would only be $10 if you buy two of them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sure Fit TSV

[ Edited ]

@Catty2 wrote:

FYI, the TSV shows $5 shipping per item so that would only be $10 if you buy two of them. 

@Catty2...No, I live in Hawaii; the shipping is $44.44 for 2.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Catty2 wrote:

@Catty2...No, I live in Hawaii; the shipping is $44.44 for 2.

Oh, my goodness....$44.44 to ship to Hawaii.....I bet you shake your head when you read some of us complaining about having to pay $5.00....

Your post puts shipping in perspective.....

Those rates would certainly curtail my ordering....

I have a Surefit Sofa cover...actually I have three of them that I rotate..not the one they are selling today...I do like mine a lot...they wash up nicely and if i leave them in the dryer overnight...they still come out perfect..no wrinkles at all...I am thinking of adding one or two of these to my "collection"...I like the Mist and the Chocolate....

Honored Contributor

I have an L shaped sectional couch and use two Surefit covers.  I tuck the arm cover under the cushions on one side of each sofa where they meet.  As long as the cover is big enough to cover the rest of the sofa, you should be okay.

Wow, shipping is very high to Hawaii!  I just purchased two new Surefit covers from Overstock a few weeks ago.  They are heavier and waterproof... Much better than the ones I purchased a few years ago.

There are many sites that offer these covers... Maybe you could get a better deal elsewhere?

Honored Contributor

Re: Sure Fit TSV

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife  I bought a Sure Fit sofa cover when we first got our dog....and then I returned it.  It wouldn't stay in place so I had to repeatedly straighten it out, retuck, etc., not to mention cumbersome for laundering.  If you're really interested, check them on on the Kohl's website.  You would likely do better there, getting a sale price, plugging in a promotional discount code, and qualifying for free shipping....oh and maybe they're doing Kohl's Cash, too.

In the end, what I did was purchase a couple of inexpensive top sheets (twin size works for my size couch) in a color that would coordinate with our family room (the only couch the dog is allowed on).  Yes, they do wrinkle and require some straightening, but for me they're easy to pull off and toss in the wash.  When it's just us home, I don't really mind the wrinkles.  When company comes over the sheet comes off.

Honored Contributor

Thank you ALL for your input!  It's helped me decide to NOT order the TSV and to keep looking.  Aloha!

Honored Contributor

Zulily often has pet covers that are colorful and fun as well as classic styles for sale.  I prefer the covers that are made from heavy material without that poly backing that shreds like paper in the wash.

i would suggest that you buy the best that you can afford.  I purchased my last ones from Overstock for $81 for two of them.  They were the Surefit brand..  They were returned items and sold " as is."  Both of them are mocha colored.

One cover was brand new .  The other one was used by a very stinky dog and returned unwashed.  I washed it twice and it's now in like new condition.

There are quite a few Surefit covers sold " as is" on Overstock.  If you need two of the same color, you might be lucky enough to find them as I did.

Occasional Contributor

I really would like to buy these to help protect my furniture from my cats. However, I have overstuffed high backed Lazy Boy furniture. In all of the presentations so far, they haven't showed it on any overstuffed furniture. I know they sell Lazy Boy chairs but they aren't using those. All the furniture is low backed and slim armed. 

Does anyone one who owns these use them on overstuffed furniture?