Super Contributor

It`s my morning ritual,

Super Contributor

I've got all the DVDs. But I prefer the first three seasons, when there wasn't a huge complicated all-season long story line.

Give me the early days, when watching 2 good looking men on a never ending road trip shooting ghosts with rock salt was just plain fun!

Honored Contributor

I've been watching since the beginning. I love the show. I think the writing is clever and I love the campy, fun episodes they do a few times a season.

Honored Contributor

wagirl, That's when I watch it! I usually DVR it, but end up watching it too! I agree with some of you about the complicated storylines. I don't like the one right now with the Demon he became friends with.

I think some of you have the same 3 in a row schedule I have every morning. So, they played something out of order.

A few days ago the Sam was in the hospital (dying, yet again) and I thought it was the same Demon who was on now (helped Dean escape from Pergatory) he sat with Sam and kept him safe while Dean fought off the other Demons. I remember he said, "I will help him". I remember wondering who this guy was.

Was I right? Were they out of order? So now the Vampires are after everyone.

For someone like me (who gets things confused) and often needs a scorecard, I find some of these storylines confusing.

You know, you are so right about how it wasn't that long ago when each hour they fought off the Demons and the show ended in an hour and they moved on. Now it goes on over and over each hour.

Anyway, it's nice to 'meet up' with people who like some of the same shows I do. I have found that most of the people in my life (mostly females) would rather watch the ladies pick out bride dresses than watch some of my favorite shows (like Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy, 24 and so on).

I don't mind watching those shows every now and then, but after awhile they're boring.

Take care. Can't wait til Dean and Sam are back on tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

"For someone like me (who gets things confused) and often needs a scorecard, I find some of these storylines confusing."

I don't watch in the mornings because I've been watching in prime time since the pilot. I do know that morning reruns of many episodes (Supernatural, Buffy, etc) are shown out of order or with some episodes missing. They're also edited down from the original length. It pays to watch the "Before" (same as the "previously seen on" on other shows) at the beginning because those always show a recurring character who might make another appearance in the current episode, but I think those are also edited in syndication, so you may miss something there.

Supernatural brings characters back years later as well as a few episodes later, so if you miss something up front, it's easy to feel like you don't know what's going on later.

If you're ever unclear about a character, use Google. There are Supernatural wikis out there that can fill you in on every character out there. If you're not current, there WILL be spoilers, but they will help you keep up with all the characters.

Sorry, but when you say "the demon he became friends with," I don't know who you're talking about. Over 9 seasons, that could apply to several characters. Do you mean Benny? He's a Vampire, not a Demon, but he is the one who helped Dean escape Purgatory.

Trusted Contributor
On 6/3/2014 annabellethecat said:

Yes, I agree about the angst between the two boys. I don't like that either. I'm watching it now. They're up to 2012 season, Episode 3. So far they're on the Demon track. Their favorite angel hasn't been seen.

I liked the interaction between the angel and the demon who's always helping them (she stayed in the hospital with him).

I'm anxious to find out what went on with the girl and Sam while Dean was in purgatory.

I haven't seen anyone say if they've seen anything about the series being renewed. Anyone know? Everything I look says 'undetermined'.

It seems like if I like something it gets the ax. I'm almost afraid to get vested in some of these shows.

I followed Nikita and they axed it and then revived it then killed it again.

Oh! Well.

It was renewed for a 10th season. There was also going to be a spinoff - a pilot episode was filmed and shown this season but it was not well received so for now there is no spinoff.

Contributor

I can't believe this post! I have a teenage daughter and she got me to watch it. So now I'm hooked and we watch it together. My daughter described Jensen as "the most beautiful man in the world" - pretty much true. I've seen every episode from season one. It's just lightweight entertainment. Plenty of it's silly, but we get to enjoy it together. Between Jensen and Misha Collins (Castiel), I just enjoy the eye candy!

Trusted Contributor

One night I came home from a work meeting. Went back to the bedroom, turned the tv on while I was getting out of my work clothes and putting my sweat pants and shirt on. Started flipping through channels and saw Sam bare-chested (it was the episode where Dean put itching powder in Sam's clothing). I did a double-take, said, "Hello!" and sat right down on the bed. That was almost 9 years ago, and I've never looked back. I followed the show from Tuesday nights, to Thursday nights, to Wednesday nights, to Friday nights, and now back to Tuesdays again.

I also have every season on DVD.

Dean and Sam are something else. I love the show and the whole premise of the show. I love to watch Dean and Sam together, although the angst does get to me sometimes. It starts a 10th season in the fall....and I'll be there.

I was devastated when the Impala was no longer in the show. That car just rocked.

(And I'm 59 years old.....and a Sam-girl. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup})

Contributor
On 6/5/2014 PamelaSue72 said:

One night I came home from a work meeting. Went back to the bedroom, turned the tv on while I was getting out of my work clothes and putting my sweat pants and shirt on. Started flipping through channels and saw Sam bare-chested (it was the episode where Dean put itching powder in Sam's clothing). I did a double-take, said, "Hello!" and sat right down on the bed. That was almost 9 years ago, and I've never looked back. I followed the show from Tuesday nights, to Thursday nights, to Wednesday nights, to Friday nights, and now back to Tuesdays again.

I also have every season on DVD.

Dean and Sam are something else. I love the show and the whole premise of the show. I love to watch Dean and Sam together, although the angst does get to me sometimes. It starts a 10th season in the fall....and I'll be there.

I was devastated when the Impala was no longer in the show. That car just rocked.

(And I'm 59 years old.....and a Sam-girl. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup})

Amen, PamelaSue72, I'm 54 and a Dean girl. I love the episodes with Castiel also. It's always sad to hear Carry On My Wayward Son - it means another season is over. But it'll be back soon ..... and there's DVR and Netflix until then.

Valued Contributor

watched is from the beginning and love it as well, although I much prefer the earlier seasons. Very well written characters overall. Dean is my favorite and Crowley is awesome for a bad guy.