Trusted Contributor

Re: Super Greens by Perricone

Not being insensitive just stating facts
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Raw Reserve from Amazing Grass.  Get it on Vitacost.

it is about 32 but lasts for a long time.  I am a nutritionist so am kind of picky about what I eat and take.  I like the company.

Also on youtube FLAVCITY goes to grocery stores and shows you all the junk in our food.  Hes a chef and cooks too.

Respected Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
Not being insensitive just stating facts

I don't find your comments insensitive.  I'm not sure what the facts really are, but I know people who have been fighting cancer for years and it shows.  They can't go away very often due to the pain and treatments they have.  They certainly don't travel the world and look radiant and glowing.  I would hope no one would lie about such a terrible illness to sell products, but I just don't know anymore.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received a reply to my email to Perricone regarding MALTODEXTRIN.  The reply was that there was not enough in the product to cause a spike in blood sugar and that it was needed so that the product would desolve properly and not clump. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

yes Maltodextrin is bad to consume......they should know better to put that in there.  I guess they think we are all stupid and do not read food labels.

Esteemed Contributor

I did some research on Maltodextrin. This is what I read:

According to a 2012 study published in PLoS One, maltodextrin can change your gut bacteria composition in a way that makes you more susceptible to disease. It can suppress the growth of probiotics in your digestive system, which are important for immune system function.

I would say buyer beware; not everything that is stated on air is true.

Respected Contributor

Looks like something I scraped off the bottom of the riding mower after mowing on a wet day...

NO thank you. More gimmicks.

Just eat the real veggies and fruits. Or, take the clippings off the bottom of YOUR mower and mix it in cold water. MOST grass is organic.

Super Contributor

This won't be a popular opinion but I think eating a healthy diet precludes the need for supplements.

We are all responsible for what does and does not go into our mouths, and eating a well-balanced meal with correct proportions is the best thing we can do for ourselves.

Buying spinach, broccoli, salads and greens at the grocery store or market is a heck of a lot cheaper than expensive "shortcuts".

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

How about Lessman's  Green Foods supplement? Has anyone tried that? It has amazing reviews, but then so many of his products do

Super Contributor

I tried the other green drink they sell on the Q and it tasted awful with that fake sugar taste. How much greens does Kirsten drink, the other day she said the other one was her favorite and now Perricone is the best