Esteemed Contributor

Re: Super Greens by Perricone

I eat fresh organic broccoli or brussel sprouts almost every day along with green leafy salads. I think this is a good idea for people who don’t. They did mentioned this product is sweetened with Stevia which I cannot stand. Andrew Lessman sells a very good Green Complex supplement that contains all of the ingredients listed in this product
Occasional Contributor

I am a health care professional. no, not a Dr like Dr. Perricone. However, I must warn people about the Super Greens. Dark green vegetable are high in vitamin K and are dangerous to people taking the blood thinner coumadin. vitamin K counteracts the blood thinning properties of the meds.  Dark greens are high in potassium. Potassium is dangerous to someone who has compromised kidney fincution. Please contact your doctor before using this product.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

For that price I want it to be organic, which it is not. 

@SilleeMee  Hi ...  I'm open to suggestions.  Do you have an organic product that tastes good, that you can recommend?  Thanks.

@nyc1 

I use Lindberg Organic Greens and Reds--two separate products.  Around $20 for a 30 day supply.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mandylily  most people don't realize how dangerous too high a level of potassium in your system can be.   

I really love this product but am now looking into what they use as a filler.  I just went onto their website and sent them an email about it.

WHERE do you get Lindberg greens/reds?  It's not very available.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette  THANK YOU MUCH.   I'll look into both.

I just went onto the Perricone website and asked them about the filler they are using in this,  maltodextrin.   It's cheap to use and can spike your blood sugar.  I love the product but am disappointed and not happy about that.  

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I purchased this when they had a two pack special a number of months ago.  I LOVE THE TASTE, green apples, but only in ice cold water.  I am a huge salad lover, and eat them often, however, this is the best thing when I'm craving something in my office around 1-2PM.  Yes, they are not inexpensive, but this deal works out to $1 a packet/drink.  Look at most of the decent drinks (and not as healthy) in the supermarket, and they are at least that and plenty more.  You can control how strong you want the flavor with more or less water.  It's important to mix very well...   I normally add this after I fill my glass with water and ice and then mix.  I'm going on AD.

Directiobs day NOT TO MIX WITH COLD WATER. Upon reading ingredients, it’s clear why. There are additives of various gums that can thicken and cause stomach distress. 

Honored Contributor

@akdld wrote:

I did buy the Perricone Super Greens once before. But I returned them because i did not care for the sour taste. 

Same for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

I purchased this when they had a two pack special a number of months ago.  I LOVE THE TASTE, green apples, but only in ice cold water.  I am a huge salad lover, and eat them often, however, this is the best thing when I'm craving something in my office around 1-2PM.  Yes, they are not inexpensive, but this deal works out to $1 a packet/drink.  Look at most of the decent drinks (and not as healthy) in the supermarket, and they are at least that and plenty more.  You can control how strong you want the flavor with more or less water.  It's important to mix very well...   I normally add this after I fill my glass with water and ice and then mix.  I'm going on AD.

Directions say NOT TO MIX WITH COLD WATER. Upon reading ingredients, it’s clear why. There are additives of gums that can thicken in cold water. Theee gums can cause stomach distress. EDIT TO CORRECT THIS. WRITTEN DIRECTIONS ON QVC WEBSITE SAY NOT TO MIX WITH HOT WATER.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

Directions say NOT TO MIX WITH COLD WATER. Upon reading ingredients, it’s clear why. There are additives of gums that can thicken in cold water. Theee gums can cause stomach distress.

During the presentations they say COLD or hot, and I've never had a problem with either clumping or stomach distress.  Thanks for the heads up however.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for Stevia at all, but the bigger questions is why does this need a sweetener??? american food is overloaded on the sweet tastes