Honored Contributor

Don't get me started.  I can think of so many things I could spend $90 on.      Plus I would rather sit down and have a salad with all the greens.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Re: Super Greens by Perricone

I did buy the Perricone Super Greens once before. But I returned them because i did not care for the sour taste. 

Respected Contributor

I purchased this when they had a two pack special a number of months ago.  I LOVE THE TASTE, green apples, but only in ice cold water.  I am a huge salad lover, and eat them often, however, this is the best thing when I'm craving something in my office around 1-2PM.  Yes, they are not inexpensive, but this deal works out to $1 a packet/drink.  Look at most of the decent drinks (and not as healthy) in the supermarket, and they are at least that and plenty more.  You can control how strong you want the flavor with more or less water.  It's important to mix very well...   I normally add this after I fill my glass with water and ice and then mix.  I'm going on AD.

Honored Contributor

For that price I want it to be organic, which it is not. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  Hi ...  I'm open to suggestions.  Do you have an organic product that tastes good, that you can recommend?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  Hi ...  I'm open to suggestions.  Do you have an organic product that tastes good, that you can recommend?  Thanks.

@nyc1 

No, I don't. I have been searching for an organic greens powder just recently. Most of the 100% organic products are very expensive so that's what's holding me back. I may just go with one that is 70% organic and save money that way. I'd like to know what the percentage is rather than it not given which is the case with most of the products I've looked at. Right now Vitacost looks good...theirs is 70% organic. SKU #: 829835000531

Esteemed Contributor

Heart @Katcat1 ! (since I could not add to your hearts!)

I am already saturated with green leaves (my favorite food!) and green tea, et.al.

I thought the ingredients looked good! I remember taking Shaklee vits, which were coated w/ alfalfa. I always felt really good w/ them. There is probably more organic ingredients in the P than not.

Regular Contributor

Agree, real food has benefits that can't br found in thst little straw container of powder.  Fiber for starters.  I'd love to sample it though to see how it does taste. I bet some of the hosts are choking it down or its a dummy  drink!

Honored Contributor

Why not just eat fresh veggies,this type of stuff is a waste of money.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Why not just eat fresh veggies,this type of stuff is a waste of money.

I do eat lots of fresh stuff. But unfortunately I have malabsorption and much of it goes to waste...literally. So I try to make up for that by consuming a concentrated powder which has better absorption in my gut. I would have to eat way too many fresh fruits and vegetables to get the amount of nutrition from a concentrated powder. For me it's not 'a waste of money'.