Honored Contributor

Re: Sun Joe Blower, Mulcher & Vac

I was going to get this for my sister, to use the outdoor vac especially.  It did such a great job on the sidewalk and driveway! 

But wait -- on the lawn in the live presentations, it did not perform well at all.  It picked up only some leaves on the first pass.  In fact, it left as many as it picked up.  That's a lot of work going over the same area time after time in order to get the job done.

My sister has a short driveway but a bigger lawn, in comparison.  So consider what you'll be using it for before you invest in this one.  We decided against it. 

Respected Contributor

Got mine yesterday and it's already packed up and returned. It will not work on a lawn. It gets caught in all the small dips and ridges. Works great on flat, hard surfaces but not on a lawn. Even the user manual says it's for hard surfaces. The video and the on-air demos are misleading. I called CS and they are not charging me return shipping. I think quite a few folks will be disappointed like I am. The video shows it being used on a lawn, but I think this has to be sod or astro turf layed over a flat surface. The demos should be clear that this unit is for hard surfaces just as the user manual states.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley 

Thank you for your review. It helped me confirm my suspicions about it's use. I'm glad I did not order it.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee you are very welcome. I was so disappointed in QVC. When the user manual says for flat surfaces, they should not have shown it on grass, insinuating it would work. 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley  Thank you for your review. I thought as much.  I agree with you that the presentations were very misleading.  When they showed it on the lawn, on air, it had a very hard time picking up anything.  Yet all the while the vendor and host would say what a great job it was doing, as if our eyes were deceiving us.  This specific item and sales pitch was akin to snake oil sales tactics.  

Frequent Contributor

A different opinion. We just got ours a few days ago and so we love it. We live in Arizona on one acre and we have a large amount of hardscape, a big patio out back.  a large 3 car garage, a shop and RV building and a huge front porch area. We also have grass in the back. Rocks and bushes and trees in the front. We do have a twice a month landscape service but still have issues with leaves and blowing into our hardscapes and the garage. Mostly bouganvilla leaves from our yard and leaves from a neighbor's trees. It is exactly what we needed.The wind blows a lot here. I just now vacuumed our garage out and it looks amazing. It sucked the leaves and dust right up. Two thumbs up for this Sun Joe product. 

Honored Contributor

@arizele 

Glad you like the blower. My areas of concern in my yard have a lot of bare dirt and very light gravel. I'm thinking that the blower would suck up that dirt and gravel which I don't want. Do you think that can happen? The dirt is packed down but it gets lose when it's dry, especially lately with our drought. I have plenty of leaves and that's what I want to suck up...not dirt or gravel.

Honored Contributor

@arizele   I'm glad it worked for you.  That was my comment about being careful concerning how you will need to use it.  On hard surfaces it looked fantastic!  However, on the lawn, grassy earth, it failed miserably to pick leaves or anything up.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't tried it on our grass but to be honest we got it for hardscape, patios, front entry way around pool. I don't think it would work well for large gigantic piles of leaves or on rocks at all. It does great on artificial turf too. Forgot to mention that. But it does suck up leaves just fine on patios and garage areas.  I used it again today when our neighbor's landscapers blew leaves into our driveway. I hate the blowers. All they do is blow leaves into the street the pool or someone's else's yard😡 so that's why I like this product it sucks the leaves up. Mulches them then dump in trash.