Valued Contributor

Sucess with Enjoi eRase TSV from 12/18??

I notice there are very mixed reviews on the Enjoi eRase depilatator.  How can it work for some people so well and for others it doesn't work at all?  I was surprised at how extreme the reviews are under the item #.  Or maybe some just find it too painful and that's why the reviews are so polarized.  I would think it either would work or it wouldn't.  I have an older model Emjoi that has been terrific and still works after 4 years.  I can't get a good read from people who bought the new one.  Any one out there who would like to review it's performance??

Honored Contributor

Re: Sucess with Enjoi eRase TSV from 12/18??

I'm not sure what you mean by "works well?" I'm not reading reviews on it.

I purchased the eRase when it came out a few years ago & really like it. I have just . about worn it out so I ordered the TSV eRase early.

I do not find it to be painful at all. It is good at removing hair but all that hair does grow right back - for me anyway. It does not promise permanent removal & I don't expect it. 

I love the size of this one. I had tried a larger Emjoi (72) but it did not fit curvy body parts as well. 

Respected Contributor

mia 2:   I could not sleep and just saw your post (it is 5:20 am over here).  What a coincidence about this product as I just packed it up yesterday to return today.  OMG!  I don't know about anyone else but it was the most painful thing I have ever used.   Pure torture!  I used the sensitivity cover on it but it was just as painful.  It has a prickling feeling and I just could not take it.  I wonder if on the presentations when they are going all over their chin, sides of their faces, etc. over and over like nothing is happening if in fact the blades have been taped over or it is not really plugged in.  I just cannot understand how they don't feel anything.   This is one of the worst purchases I have ever made.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you both for your responses.  All input helps. This is such a great group that helps one another.  Wonder why this Emjoi hurts to use for some and not others.  Anyone else out there who has tried it?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

loveour4leggedfriends~~So sorry you couldn't sleep!  Get some sleep tonight!  However, it benefited me because I appreciated your response.  Thanks so much.  I also am an animal lover!  My QVC photo is my cat.  Mia 2

Valued Contributor

I think it's user error for some. You have to pull the skin taut when using it or it hurts more. Personally I used to use the old epitady so the emoji  doesn't bother me at all and I think it works very well. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks Lianne for your feedback.  Since I have been using an older Emjoi epilator for 4 years, I am used to the process also.

Respected Contributor

mia 2:  Oh, she is such a gorgeous cat!  Beautiful.   I  wound up reading my book and then I never went back to sleep.  Needless to say, I am veeeeeeeeeeeeery tired today.

Spoiler

Regular Contributor

I think it hurts but it's manageable pain. However I don't get good results. I use on my neck and chin and can literally go over same spot 20 times and still have a long black hair! I give up after 20 min trying to get one hair!
Occasional Contributor

Everyone's pain tolerance is different.  Plucking an eyebrow hair is killer for someone not used to it - ex. men think it's torture.  Yes...it's plucking your hairs out by the root just like waxing.  You're going to feel it.  But the more you do it the more you get used to the sensation.