Esteemed Contributor

Stretch mat with a remote control? Seriously?

Is this some kind of joke? Who would possibly spend $200 on this ridiculous product? Are we so lazy that we need to plop down on a mat and have it lift up our lower back with a remote control? What if it hits the wrong spot because you're short or tall? And, stretching is just stretching. It's not real exercise. This looks like a product that should be on SNL. What could I possibly be missing about this TSV?

Valued Contributor

Re: Stretch mat with a remote control? Seriously?

My thoughts exactly.  For me, I have better ways to spend my dollars.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 @customerqvc2  Well, I wouldn't call it exercise!  Not sure why they are calling it that.  Some gyms do offer a stretch class, but again, that wouldn't or shouldn't be confused with exercise!   That being said, I bought something just like this (or maybe the same thing?) last year as a gift for someone who has some issues with their back and some other issues with stiff muscles, etc., and they love it!  They use it often and tell me it really helps them.  I do think it's true that it has to fit the body well.  Have the presenters been giving any clues to the range for the size person that would be the best fit?  Of maybe this one is adjustable?

Respected Contributor

Homedics has a similar product on Amazon.  Read the reviews, and you'll see why this product could be really helpful for people.  I'm not going to purchase it, but I have hip bursitis right now along with torn cartilage in my wrist, and it makes some stretching positions almost impossible to get into by myself. I can see how this product might be helpful.

Respected Contributor

I can see someone purchasing this for those hard-to-buy-for family members. I'll pass, however.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just watched Ali Carr's presentation and darn it, I couldn't help but think how skilled the hosts are at sales.  When I first saw it was the TSV I thought it was a dumb idea, but after watching, Ali *almost* had me thinking I need this!  I had a free session at a local stretch/infrared sauna studio some time before the pandemic and I just loved it so much I purchased a 3-month membership.  I really enjoyed it but it was quite expensive and I decided not to renew.  I remember how good it felt to stretch and how difficult it can be to stretch some parts. Stretching really does feel good and you need to do it or you can lose some mobility, not to mention the various aches and pains.  And yes, they did call it exercise, although they stopped short of mentioning caloric burn, which I doubt adds up to anything with this mat.  

All that said, Ali NEVER mentioned the body size issue, and that's a very good point!

Respected Contributor

Dont knock it till you try it.  After my back surgery, I did not get the results I had hoped for. I had alot of residual pain which is the Docs way to say, its not going away.  As a last resort I bought this last year.  Such a silly thing but the gentle streching and the heat was a great adjunct to my PT.  I did it twice a day for many months.  It was very helpful for reducing my pain.  You never know what will work till you try it.  I woulldnt dismiss it . For someone it might be the answer. 

Respected Contributor

Next week they're offering a special little glitter covered color morphing "Eye Timer ( by Valerie"...(similar to your kitchen timer with the wind up dial...)

It'll have a "red truck" or a "church" choice!!!.... to put on the couch beside you while you do "eye relaxation" therapy.(Proven Effective!!!!)...( resting your eyes for a few minutes by using the eye muscles that control your...wait for it....EYELIDS!!!

In other words, a ten minute catnap!!!

Only $49.98 ( Under fifty dollars!!!! ...10 dollars to get it home!!!) and 5.50 shipping.

Red truck will sell out first!!!!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@meem120   Exactly!  I have the Homedics version and it is incredibly helpful for my back.

Respected Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Dont knock it till you try it.  After my back surgery, I did not get the results I had hoped for. I had alot of residual pain which is the Docs way to say, its not going away.  As a last resort I bought this last year.  Such a silly thing but the gentle streching and the heat was a great adjunct to my PT.  I did it twice a day for many months.  It was very helpful for reducing my pain.  You never know what will work till you try it.  I woulldnt dismiss it . For someone it might be the answer. 

This model does not have a heat function.  I think that if it did, I might be more inclined to purchase.