Respected Contributor

Well you know, maybe we did not catch it the first time,

or the second,

or the third,

or the hundredth!!!!!! (Gotta laugh here!)

Overkill, indeed!!!

It is offered for a long period of time,

do we really need to spend hours presenting it,

repeating ourselves over and over,

finding different ways to say the very same thing?

(Apparently they do.)

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I concur. I have had to endure at least 3 hours of air time to the Magic Saw today.  Awful. All we can do is switch to HSN or Shop HQ as a "back up"

You had to "endure" it? Was someone from the government in your home forcing you to watch it? 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I now use QVC as background noise to fall asleep at night instead of my Alexa that's how boring it's become and it works every time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Stop the TSV Overkill

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

The TSV overkill must work or they wouldn't continue doing it.  I think that cosmetic day with the mascara last week-end was one of the worst days on QVC in my memory.

@Kachina624 

But if it was working then QVC's sales/revenues should be going up instead of going down in all categories financial quarter after quarter after quarter....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@wig4usc wrote:
I am growing weary of seeing the TSV in 3/4 of the programming for the day. It didn’t used to be that way, anyone else tiring of this programming?

@wig4usc

It is not overkill. This is their special of the day and it is presented often to reach more people who might be tuning in at different times. 

The problem is is that you are “over-watching” QVC. This is not like network programming where their are completely different TV shows on all day long. It is like going to the grocery or department store and expecting the items being sold to be different every time you walk by. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The TSV overkill must work or they wouldn't continue doing it.  I think that cosmetic day with the mascara last week-end was one of the worst days on QVC in my memory.

@Kachina624 

But if it was working then QVC's sales/revenues should be going up instead of going down in all categories financial quarter after quarter after quarter....

@Spurt   You'd think, wouldn't you?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
I totally agree. There are days I don’t watch at all. Zero interest in what is being offered and knowing if I flip to it that’s what will be on.

The IT mascara day was absolutely awful. How do you spend 17 hours talking about ONE mascara?

I agree. They have just spent over an hour on the bras from Breezies on AM Style. I jusst turned it off.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

@Spurt   You'd think, wouldn't you?

@Kachina624 

But that has always been QVC's MO....maintaining the status quo....Execs may come and go but the Q seems to always continue to go down the same path....with not so good results...go figure...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Stop the TSV Overkill

[ Edited ]

@legapril wrote:

I agree. They have just spent over an hour on the bras from Breezies on AM Style. I jusst turned it off.

@legapril 

I completed some household chores came back and the TSV bra presentation was STILL going strong.....SMH!!!

Cats Who Are Obsessed With Bras - YouTube