Contributor

The Dyson hairdryer is just craziness. Blowing air is blowing air. If you know anything about science, this is all smoke and mirrors with Dyson playing off their name to justify the price. Save your money. 

Honored Contributor

I love mine.  I don't find mine heavy at all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1

Its only 2 lbs, not sure why others think it is heavy

@winamac1 wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Stain Hair Dryer TSV

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@winamac1

@winamac1 wrote:

I just checked the weights of 4 other hair dryers with weights listed in the description and they were all under 1 lb to 1 pound 1 ounce. So that makes this twice as heavy the dryers I checked, which were all pretty standard and ranged in price from $85 (Hot Tools Tourmaline Tools 2000) to $349 (Hary Josh Ultra Light Pro). None of the dryers I looked at were travel dryers. The Harry Josh Pro 2000 is 1 lb 16 ounces, versus the under 1 lb ultra light.

If something is twice as heavy as what you might be used to, I think it's fair to call it heavy, even if it's not a sack of bricks.

I just checked my own dryer and it's under 1 pound. It's a Conair professional and was $55. With my giant Xtava Black Orchid diffuser, it's still 28.2 ounces, under 2 lbs.

Valued Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@winamac1

@winamac1 wrote:

I just checked my own dryer and it's under 1 pound. It's a Conair professional and was $55. With my giant Xtava Black Orchid diffuser, it's still 28.2 ounces, under 2 lbs.

@Alison Wonderland, I need a new diffuser, do you recommend the Xtava Black Orchid?

Respected Contributor

Re: Stain Hair Dryer TSV

[ Edited ]

@jazzbabe wrote:

@Alison Wonderland, I need a new diffuser, do you recommend the Xtava Black Orchid?

I do, @jazzbabe! It's fantastic. It really holds a lot of hair at one time and the 'fingers' inside have holes at the ends to make sure the air gets to the roots. 

It's also HUGE and does not fit all dryers. There's an inner ring around the connector neck that some people have removed to get it to fit larger dryers. I have a Jilbere by Conair Professional Nano Silver Dryer that I got on Amaozon for just under $55 including tax. Sally Beauty carries it and you can get a discount if you have a $5 Sally membership card. The Xtava Black Orchid is between $12-$17 on Amazon. Someone is selling a counterfeit that looks nothing like the real one, so make sure your listing says Xtava Black Orchid and looks like the one below. It sells out often, but comes back in stock in a week or two. The Xtava website also carries them.

I read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos before I bought a new diffuser and this was the most helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUWSA2cym8k

QVC Customer Care