Respected Contributor

Re: St. Patrick's Day TSV 3/16

@Deelovesqvc21wrote:

Hi. Happy early birthday. Wouldn't the TSV for St Patrick's Day be the 17th- 3/17/18? Is the Irish day on the Q on Friday the 16th or Saturday the 17th? Now, I'm confused. 

@Deelovesqvc21 QVC's Irish programming is Friday, March 16th from midnight to 6:00 pm (EST).

Respected Contributor

@DJs momwrote:

@Deelovesqvc21wrote:

Hi. Happy early birthday. Wouldn't the TSV for St Patrick's Day be the 17th- 3/17/18? Is the Irish day on the Q on Friday the 16th or Saturday the 17th? Now, I'm confused. 

@Deelovesqvc21 QVC's Irish programming is Friday, March 16th from midnight to 6:00 pm (EST).

I don't know if it's live or repeats of Q programming, but QVC2 has some Irish programming listed for 3/17.

Regular Contributor

Any updates on what the TSV for st Patty’s will be?

Honored Contributor

@Birdwatchergirlwrote:

Any updates on what the TSV for st Patty’s will be?

@chvall99 - Happy Birthday! And everyone else - Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm not Irish, but my favorite uncle was 100%, so we have always celebrated. 

I just got an e-mail about the TSV:

H213854

A Waterford and Connemara Marble 10" Bowl with Marble Base. It's beautiful! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no use for this TSV, for those that do, enjoy.  Thanks for posting the item number.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for remembering me and posting the St Patrick's Day TSV.  I own the TSV from last year, the Waterford Crystal hurricane cylinder with the marble base.  it is really beautiful.  I have it on permanent display in my living room.  

We are buried in snow in Upstate NY and expecting more still. Been wearing my Irish sweaters-right now I have an Irish vest on.  The only good thing I can say about the cold is that at least it is giving me an excuse to wear all of that great wool clothing. Love the quality of the Irish offerings on QVC.  Looking forward to Friday!

Respected Contributor

@jonbonwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

@Deelovesqvc21wrote:

I don't know if it's live or repeats of Q programming, but QVC2 has some Irish programming listed for 3/17.

Very disappointed that the Irish programming will not be on Saturday the 17th. For those who work weekdays the Irish shows are missed and this year with the Holiday falling on a weekend it is inexcusable that QVC will move the St Patrick's Day festivities to the 16th. Disgusted with this executive staff. They probably have air a vaccum cleaner or a mattress on Saturday the 17th. Mike George is probably behind it.

Honored Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

@jonbonwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

@Deelovesqvc21wrote:

Very disappointed that the Irish programming will not be on Saturday the 17th. For those who work weekdays the Irish shows are missed and this year with the Holiday falling on a weekend it is inexcusable that QVC will move the St Patrick's Day festivities to the 16th. Disgusted with this executive staff. They probably have air a vaccum cleaner or a mattress on Saturday the 17th. Mike George is probably behind it.

I actually think it's smart programming.  Think of all the people who like to go out and attend the parades, meet up in restaurants and basically do lots of fun things outside of the house on St. Patrick's Day, especially with it being on a Saturday.  Why would QVC schedule it's St. Patrick's Day programming on Saturday with so many people not home to  purchase?  It's not a reality talk show, it's a shopping channel that needs to optimize sales. 

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopperwrote:

@Reeverwrote:

@jonbonwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

@Deelovesqvc21wrote:

I actually think it's smart programming.  Think of all the people who like to go out and attend the parades, meet up in restaurants and basically do lots of fun things outside of the house on St. Patrick's Day, especially with it being on a Saturday.  Why would QVC schedule it's St. Patrick's Day programming on Saturday with so many people not home to  purchase?  It's not a reality talk show, it's a shopping channel that needs to optimize sales. 

@Caaareful ShopperThey've shown Saint Patrick's Day shows on Saint Patrick's Day forever, even when it fell on a weekend.  The reason you state doesn't make sense -to me; Midnight through 6pm on the 16th- most people are sleeping and many working outside the home, they won't be watching.

By the time they come home the event is over.  

Many people don't realize it's not on St. Patrick's Day. Imagine how surprised they'll be, I know I would have been had I not viewed this thread. 

I don't know their reason for this programming schedule, but it doesn't make sense to me and a disppointment not to watch it on St. Patrick's Day.  It was always a fun 24 hours, now, not even that, and not even on St. Patrick's Day.

Cat Frustrated

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

The TSV is beautiful. It is $$. I did purchase last year's TSV and do enjoy it. If this new TSV was made smaller to keep the cost down I might have considered it. For all that do purchase it, enjoy. The value and quality is there but it is too much money for some to afford for a TSV on the day.