Valued Contributor

I  wear a lot of vionic.    I  tried   Spenco  years  ago and it was way too wide.   I wouldn't  call my feet narrow  but it was swimming in the  Spenco.   Maybe they have changed,  but  I couldn't wear them.

Honored Contributor

This TSV design looks very familiar.  I seem to think another company (Clarks, Earth?) did something like this but it was a full slip-on, not open in the back.

I have never tried Spenco but have wanted to try a pair of flip-flops for awhile.  I have only tried a pair of Vionic thongs and had to send them back.  I had a terrible time with them and they gave me the worst pain up the side of both my calves. 

I think these are cute but I have a pair of Dr. Scholl slip-on "gym" shoes and I cannot keep them on my feet.  I suspect I'd have the same problem with these.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This TSV design looks very familiar.  I seem to think another company (Clarks, Earth?) did something like this but it was a full slip-on, not open in the back.

I have never tried Spenco but have wanted to try a pair of flip-flops for awhile.  I have only tried a pair of Vionic thongs and had to send them back.  I had a terrible time with them and they gave me the worst pain up the side of both my calves. 

I think these are cute but I have a pair of Dr. Scholl slip-on "gym" shoes and I cannot keep them on my feet.  I suspect I'd have the same problem with these.   

@Lipstickdiva   I wrote about this being a similar style under the "Shoes" forum. This style is quite old.  Clarks and many other brands have done this bow on top shoe/sneaker.  I have a pair from 6 years ago from a different brand. 

I do love Spenco though.  I have several pairs of their thongs and slides.  Never a problem with mine.

Frequent Contributor

I have several pairs of Vionics and I really like them.  I never wore Spenco before.

I recently tripped and now have a 5th metatarsal fracture and need to wear a boot until the fracture heals.

This TSV Spenco has metatarsal support so I had to order a pair to see if this helps once I stop wearing the boot and can wear shoes again.  I never saw a description of shoes mentioning metatarsal support before (I guess I never thought about it until I fractured my foot a couple of weeks ago) so I am looking forward to trying this TSV and Spenco for the very first time.

Esteemed Contributor

No they are not the same.  I donated my Vionics after wearing one day and live in my Spencos.

Valued Contributor
It depends on your foot. Personally I cannot wear a shoe with metatarsal triangle dome since I've had a Mortons Neuroma toe nerve snipped- it creates terrible discomfort! So- no Spencos for me; most Vionics serve me well to combat plantar fasciitis & hip pain. Good luck!
New Contributor
I have very high arches so Vionic provides good support. I've tried Spenco, but they they run wide and length is short. Spenco , arch support less, more for someone with a normal to flatter arch.
Regular Contributor
Vionic's are the best imo. I have tried Spenco. They are just okay. I absolutely love the arch support in Vionic's shoes. If your feet are flat or a low arch maybe the Spenco shoes would work. But, have had plantar fasciitis three times, the only support that helps me is from Vionic shoes or my doctor prescribed orthotics. In the Vionic shoes I don't have to wear my orthotics. I've actually had to add my orthotics to my Spenco sneakers.
Trusted Contributor

For me , definitely Spenco!

I have worn both and find the answers to be mixed.  The Spenco's to me have a higher arch than the Vionic but even though for me the Spenco arch was odd @ first I adjusted to the difference & find them quite comfortable now.  There is an adjustment period with Spenco & with Vionic I noticed no comfort change & my foot didn't feel as if it needed to adjust to the shoe.   I actually like both & feel it's personal preference as to which you like better.