Trusted Contributor

Re: Spenco TSV - May 17, 2022

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@CJC wrote:

This plastic slide looks like one that would sell at Walmart for $10. Cute colors though. 

There's no comparison to all of those look-alike, slides-on-a-hook plastic sandals at those other stores.  The foot support of Spenco footwear is key & fantastic for your feet.  They are truly beneficial. 

Good info to know. In that case these slides would be worth it. Only thing, I tend to supinate not pronate, so a high arch support makes me supinate even more. Wonder if this slide has a medium arch support like Crocs. 

Trusted Contributor

The straps on this shoe look extremly uncomfortable to wear.  I have a pair of Birkenstock EVA sandals for the beach which are extremly comfortable.  I like that I can adjust the strap.  I fear that my toes would be very squished.  I love Spenco shoes but this one is a extremly easy pass - looks ugly and uncomfortable.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CJC 

@CJC wrote:

This plastic slide looks like one that would sell at Walmart for $10. Cute colors though. 

Spencos feel so much better than the ones at Walmart.  Looks aren't everything
I m afraid these would be too wide for me though.  Also, I would prefer one pair for a cheaper price. Don't need two.
Honored Contributor

It has been my experience that the Spenco slides, with no way to adjust them, run very wide.  I wear a medium width shoe and I can't keep them on my feet.  They're downright dangerous as I tend to trip over them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was hoping these would have adjustable straps. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am also a supinator but Spencos work for me.   It just corrects your foot in the footbed so you are more neutral than supinatinr or pronating.  

I purchased the set - one for the garden that I can hose off and one for beach or maybe keep as a slipper at home.  I am in San Diego so I will be wearing them all year long and love that i can get them wet.   

Respected Contributor

I fear they would be too wide, plus, I am not a fan of the color choices.