Honored Contributor

Re: Spenco TSV- Love the metatarsal dome!

@rochelleS wrote:

@willdob3 

Thanks so much! I truly appreciate your feedback. I was reading various reviews, other than the tsv and many stated that the wides were very wide. Alot also indicated some styles ran large. So, ill stick with the regular width. I like the tan color but would prefer a neutral sole. That darker brown color, imo, takes away from a clean, flowing and elongating look an all neutral shoe provides. I had a champagne colored Clark that was an all time favorite until the sole disintegrated. Huge bummer. Like you, the pastel tsv's are attractive to me too. What color??????

As an aside and OT... I own three different styles of the Oofos brand of shoes. (Thongs, slide & clog) These wear like iron and are super comfy.and cushy good.. Designed originally for post marathon runners. 

Again, much tks for your reply.

@rochelleS   The darker soles were a selling point for me. It is hard to get away from white ones on this type of shoe and I think the brown will blend with some of my clothes better than white. It takes a bit of work for me to buy such a neutral color. That is one of the things I am working on this year - neutrals. I love color but everyone needs neutrals! 

I made it it halfway through dinner before I ordered the powder blue ones. And the coral cloud is still calling my name. And then there is the dove gray whispering in my ear... lol Maybe I will get lucky and discover some on clearance in a few seasons... 

I don’t have any Oofos but I suspect one pair would lead to more. I love comfortable shoes.

Respected Contributor

I just got the navy. I wanted the gray but waited too long... no matter.  I have also had a pair of Oofos and they were cloud-like and I loved them!  I hope I love these- They are really healthy for the feet! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 

You are funny 😄. Sounds like we both like our comfy and pretty shoes. I personally gravitate to neutral footwear. I can wear these with most anything and love the clean long look it gives to the leg. No chopping off by the eye that a darker color can do. But, believe me when I say I have plenty of darker shoes. I'm chuckling at myself, lol. 

I actually do not own any white soled shoes as of yet. The pastel tsv's are pretty. Very pretty. I did buy the orange sneaker style w with white soles last nite plus have the black on check. I posted a pic uptread. The style sort of reminds me of Converse...but a happy foot version. I like the peachy pink tsv and the blue. I would have preferred that the tan had a monocromatic color instead of the brown. See,, my brain says how's that going to look with other colors with that brown sole. I'm not going to make myself to crazy though... cuz there's another pair, different style in pastels with a metallic finish that keeps winking at me. One option is a soft gold finish that I (naturally) put in my cart. The blues are gorgeous. There's a blinding chrome silver thats reportedly popular too. Oh yeah, I love shoes, big time.

I was introduced to Oofos in a FFANY sale a few years back. I fell in love and have shared this gem with many friends. All fans now. I picked up more on Zulily too. My BFF in FL keeps an extra pair in her car for those messy rains you can get down there. These have passed the Costco test too. No achy feet or back when worn shopping there.

Have fun shopping tonight. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ladybuggirl  I can only speak for myself, of course. I do love Spencos and wear them most of the time. In clarks I wear a 9-1/2, but in spenco I size down to a 9. My feet are medium width, and I don't have any special issues like bunions. I have several Siesta slides and some sandals and they are all great, but I tried a pair of their closed shoes and didn't find them as comfortable.

Honored Contributor

I went back and forth about ordering these and then waited too long and my size was gone.  

My hold up was the inside of the flip-flop. Sometimes when they are that type of material, it flattens out and ends up getting slippery from lotion, etc. and then I have to grip too hard to keep the shoe on my foot for them to be comfortable.  That happened with a couple pair of Aerosoles thong sandals I had.  

I also have never tried Spenco and was worried about the arch.  Like others, I cannot wear Vionics.  My feet don't over pronate and those caused me terrible pain in my lower legs. 

Regular Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@@@tends2dogs @CAMOGIRL @Lovs2shop 

Perhaps you ladies can help... I'm new to this brand and wonder if the thong style is generous in width? Looking at the TSV and am uncertain if my slightly wider than average feet would be best in the wider width, or not. Much thanks for anything you can share. ♡♡♡

Hard to say as I am a medium, however you might also want

to try the styles with the adjustable straps.  I have also

been very satisfied with the free exchanges.  With the TSV tho,  I think if you usually get a wide size,  you should order that if you are getting the TSV.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I went back and forth about ordering these and then waited too long and my size was gone.  

My hold up was the inside of the flip-flop. Sometimes when they are that type of material, it flattens out and ends up getting slippery from lotion, etc. and then I have to grip too hard to keep the shoe on my foot for them to be comfortable.  That happened with a couple pair of Aerosoles thong sandals I had.  

I also have never tried Spenco and was worried about the arch.  Like others, I cannot wear Vionics.  My feet don't over pronate and those caused me terrible pain in my lower legs. 

@Lipstickdiva   I’m sorry you missed them. I hesitated to try Spenco for a long time because I kept thinking they might be like Vionics. I’m glad I finally tried them. I hope you get a chance to try them soon. I’ll bet you end up liking them, too. 

Honored Contributor

Has anyone received their Spenco TSV yet? My tan ones are out for delivery today and my powder blue ones are 1-2 days behind. 

I sure hope these are comfortable and supportive. I wore my Clark’s cloudstepper things all the time the two months I worked from home and now my feet hurt if I wear any of my cloudsteppers. Well, there is a new pair I am going to try in a week or so because they are so cute and I don’t want to return them. But I definitely need other sandals to wear at home. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 

Thats exciting news.  Please, keep us posted and let us know how you like the tsv. ♡

My orange sneaker style shoe is coming from Texas and has barely started its journey east. My tsv in blk is in VA and it may be here later this week. I still have some checkholds but will wait till I receive mine before I process or not.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 

My BFF, who lives on the west coast of FL, received her tsv in the tan color. She absolutely loves them and said they're very comfy and flattering on the foot.

Did you receive yours? I'm still waiting...