Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

To me Spenco insoles are hard and not comfortable. I like my Cheeks sandals much more. They have gel in the insoles. I wear mine around the house. 

@SilleeMee 

I love my Cheeks sandals, too!

The Spencos sound very similar to Vionics, which are made to help people whose feet pronate. My feet don’t pronate so I do not need that help. I tried a pair of Vionics before I realized exactly what they are and they made my feet hurt.

I hate the way they market these shoes. They convince everyone they need them but you only benefit from them if you have specific foot problems and they should mention that. 

Honored Contributor

I just recently received Spenco arch support orthotics inserts at the recommendation of my orthopedist.  I LOVE them.  Since you can't put an orthotic in a sandal, I decided to go for the slides today.  Hope they feel as good (for my high arch and pronation) as the orthotics that I've put in my sneakers.  Got the black and the tan.

Respected Contributor

My feet don’t pronate and I bought avionics and could not wear them. The shoes made me walk on the outside of my foot and I almost broke my ankle because my feet twisted out so far.  I’m guessing the Spenco would do the same.

Honored Contributor

The sandals are fabric so no great price as far as I am concerned.  What did it really cost to make $2.00?  Easy pass and they are very unattractive.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee...I like both my Cheeks and my Spenco's. I was surprised I liked the Cheeks as much as I do. They had a strong plastic smell at first-but luckily that went away. I have my house pair on right now-Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I am getting the thong version ~ i have a pair of mule slides i bought and they are super comfortable ~ and I have mortons nueromas( yes both feet )  so this brand is perfect  for me .

Honored Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

@SilleeMee...I like both my Cheeks and my Spenco's. I was surprised I liked the Cheeks as much as I do. They had a strong plastic smell at first-but luckily that went away. I have my house pair on right now-Smiley Happy

I have these hot pink Cheeks with the crystals on them @daisyk .

images.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't decide if I wanted navy or tan.  Fortunately,  both those colors are waitlisted in my size, so ordered both!  Whichever one comes first will be my "choice".Woman Wink

Thought these slides would be nice house shoes.

Trusted Contributor

I have a neuroma too, and I like Spencos because they have the metatarsal support. I picked this slide up in the Black.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I like Spenco a lot.  I always order my normal size.  I bought a pair of their thong sandals earlier this year in suede (coral color) and I love them.  They are very comfortable and do not bother me between the toes like some others have.  I am buying these in the thong style in the light blue to wear to the pool. 

I ordered my normal size. I hope they are a bit tight at first, since a thong usually loosens up and gets too loose for me.  I have a pair of Vionic thongs that I bought last year, and my foot now slides side to side on the foot bed.