Esteemed Contributor

RESIN, DOES THAT MAKE IT LESS VALUABLE IN THE END when my family gets their vast inheritance and wants to sell it? I am not trying to be funny. But how will it be judged when it comes to the gold content?

I love these earrings as earrings but how is the real gold content determined as well as the value for that content?

Regular Contributor

Re: Special Value and RESIN??

They're doing this so it will be affordable, but I would question it's value if it's got a resin core. I guess the bottom line is, if you like it buy it, but don't count on anything with a resin core having ANY resale value whatsoever.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, I like the earrings but I have earrings and I think the price is high for something that may never have any value at all. I know we all buy STUFF that will "never have any value at all," but this is so-called gold and the GOLD part bothers me.

Honored Contributor

am amazed they are still showing resin-filled gold but even more surprised it is a TSV. they should be disclosing how much gold is in each piece so a relative value could be determined. I would never, ever spend this much money unless I knew I could at least recoup what I paid for it. This is a real dealbreaker for me

Frequent Contributor

bonnielu None of the Vicenza jewelry is worth anything. Clearly nothing that will have a dollar value in years to come. It will have more of a sentimental value to your family.

Look closely at all the Vicenza listings. It is all PLATED. Not solid gold. Only thing sold is the sterling silver.

Yellow, Rose, or White.

• 14K yellow gold electroformed over an inner core of resin, which creates a lightweight earring that is strong and dent-resistant
  • 14K yellow gold, 14K yellow gold with rosetone plating, or 14K yellow gold with white rhodium plating, all over an inner core of resin

All plating will wear off in time. Also note the word dent "resistant" not dent proof. Apparently this was or is an issue and QVC covers themselves using the word resistant. Bottom line is if you are looking for something of dollar value do to a jeweler you trust. This mass produced jewelry has little or no value except the weight in SOLID gold or STERLING SILVER

Super Contributor

It's fun jewelry, with very little inherent value. Buy it because you like it.

Honored Contributor

i dont buy electroform pieces and i dont buy resin filled pieces.....no matter what they are made of.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

It's fun jewelry, with very little inherent value. Buy it because you like it.

That's my take on it.

Honored Contributor

I asked my cousin who is a goldsmith/jeweler about the value (my mother is a gem collector/seller/broker).

Let me just say this: the value of the GOLD is pennies and you would be lucky to get that (no jeweler would take it to convert to cash). Buy the earrings if you love the look and style but NOT if you're looking for any type of investment... that's a joke, to be honest. ANYTHING bonded is not an investment piece.