Respected Contributor

Re: Spatula Set TSV 8/22 - OMG Shipping Costs

yesterday someone posted a spurtle set by this company, but it was all wood.  I was looking forward to purchase that one perhaps. 

the silicone..... not so much. 

Respected Contributor

Seriously ladies, I think everyone is wrapped up in the name.

The flipper is the wrong angle, it's hard to get in the pan and flip an egg.  How many flat spatula's does one need, you get a boat full?

Where's the spoons, those are important in a kitchen.

2 of the flat spatula's are great for a cake decorator to smooth the crumb cake and frost a cake.

The flippers are questionable, yes maybe an egg but you need to wrist your arm to angle down in the pan or lift the pan off the burner to flip.

The set has cool colors, yes they are silicone but that's about it.

Frequent Contributor

I cant find it on Amazon

Honored Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

@OKPrincessYes, I remember seeing a set similar to the TSV at Sam's Club last year near the holidays. The price was $19.95 or so. I had considered buying it then but didn't. I won't pay $5.50 s&h for such a light item. I have noticed our Sam's club tends to offer similar items during holidays, so maybe this will be available again.

@CatLoverDogsToo

@OKPrincess

I don't blame you for thinking twice about the S/H however, these are NOT light items at all!

I purchased the 3 pc set when silicone Spurtles were first introduced.  They are solid silicone and quiet weighty IMHO.  This TSV is a much bigger set as well, so I am not surprised in the least at the $5.50 s/h.  They are much heavier than wooden spurtles.

Don't get me wrong...it isn't like using a concrete utensil or anything...just saying they sturdy and not light weight as you mentioned.  I use then ALL the time!

Honored Contributor

I would like to have a few silicone spurtles in different sizes including the mini and that's it.  I don't need spurtles that just replicate other utensils I already have.  Easy pass for me.

Respected Contributor

Try $10.97 S&H for 1 set to Alaska.

Respected Contributor

I got the set at Sam’s last year. I use them all the time and have found them to be an excellent value. The TSV set has several sizes and shapes not included in that set and also duplicates of the 2 I use most frequently. Even with shipping, I find the TSV to be a great value for me. Plus the bright happy colors will look so pretty in a crock on my counter.

(And I don’t know what the poster talking about the flippers is talking about, I don’t use a spittle for that purpose. That sounds messy.)
Honored Contributor

@Uglybuster wrote:

I cant find it on Amazon

@Uglybuster, this is crazy but it's gone!  I did a search this morning because I didn't know if Mad Hungry was exclusive to QVC and it brought up the set on Amazon.  I clicked on it and everything.

Now when I do the same search, it's bringing up a Mad Hungry 7 piece set that is $29.00 plus over $9.00 s/h?  I wonder if Mad Hungry pulled the other set? 

Respected Contributor

The set that’s $29 on Amazon is the pack up that was available at Sam’s last year. The TSV set is not on Amazon.
Valued Contributor

I got a very similar set at Sam's Club last year for $19.99.