Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Spatula Set TSV 8/22 - OMG Shipping Costs

OMG - shipping is $5.50 !   I just ordered 5 sets (as Christmas gifts) and dang near fell out my chair when I saw the shipping was over $25.  Curious why shipping wasn't lowered if multi sets ordered.  Still a decent deal. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Spatula Set TSV 8/22 - OMG Shipping Costs

Those fees make me regret not buying a multi color set at Sam’s last year. Plus it was under $20 if memory serves me right.

Honored Contributor

If you think that even with the s/h it was still a good deal, then okay.  I have no idea and honestly, I don't even know what you do with some of these utensils.  LOL

For me, that total s/h charge would have been a deal breaker. 

Frequent Contributor

I was excited to purchase this, but like others the S&H charges were a complete deal breaker.  Also, what is the TOTAL VALUE of this TSV?  I dont see that posted anywhere.  I have a feeling its not really a "deal".  

Valued Contributor

@OKPrincessYes, I remember seeing a set similar to the TSV at Sam's Club last year near the holidays. The price was $19.95 or so. I had considered buying it then but didn't. I won't pay $5.50 s&h for such a light item. I have noticed our Sam's club tends to offer similar items during holidays, so maybe this will be available again.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo Thanks. Hopefully it will be back. I don’t need them but I love multi-color sets of kitchen stuff because they go well with my Fiesta dishes.

Honored Contributor

I paid 10,99 for 2 small spatulas just last winter (no S&H unless you count my gas and time), but that makes these a decent deal even with the shipping.  I love what I bought -  probably use them more than anything else in my utility collection. 

I haven't watched to see exactly what's in the TSV, but the price per item even with the S&H won't deter me if I can use what's included.  In my mind I just figure on total price to make my buying decisions -  especially for something like the TSV which I'm about 99.9% sure I wouldn't return it once I decided I want to buy.  (That would change if they were defective, but then the company would absorb the shipping anyway.)

Honored Contributor

As one of my Christmas gifts, my son gave me 2 different silicone spatulas. I think if you add the price of the two together, you will be close to the total for the entire set of the TSV. I could not believe the price when I saw it. Maybe that is why the shipping is the price it is. You are getting quite a few pieces and the silcone is not lightweight.

Trusted Contributor

5.50 seems to be the standard shipping amount for most items these days.  Even with the shipping the price per item on this TSV seems good.  I already have 4 of the items so I won't be purchasing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a Mad Hungry 7 piece spurtle set on Amazon for $30.35 with free s/h.   

By the time you add s/h to this TSV set, it's about the same price so where is the value?