Esteemed Contributor

I've never tried Spanx brand.  But I have tried other shaping tanks...some cheap some not so cheap. Every one of them rolled up on me.  I'm a size12.  Do these roll and render them USELESS?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I wear a lot of Spanx cami's and mine never roll at all.  I buy the Socialite cami's on the Spanx website.  (free shipping)  I also have a couple similar to the upcoming TSV and my opinion is YES, they are worth every penny.  With these particular ones though, the material is thin so I do tuck these into my panties to stop them from rolling.   It does work, all in all it's a good brand and helps me out with my tummy area.  Just pay close attention to the Spanx size chart as they have their own.    The pieces I own have lasted me a few years now.   Wash on cold gentle and air dry.

Honored Contributor

The bottoms do tend to roll on me; however, there are some times when you just need them.  I needed them today due to the clingy fabric of the skirt I was wearing.  A simple slip wouldn't help because I also needed to tuck in my shirt.  I generally tuck the tanks to prevent that too.  

I discovered them years ago when I had to wear a crushed stretch velvet onesie in a Chritmas skaing show.  that thing showed every bump and bulge on my body.  Thank goodness for Spanx.

Valued Contributor

Do you know when the TSV is?   And what it is.   Thanks

Respected Contributor

Is this item #A398538?

I may have to try one.  These would be great for some knit tops I have.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties   That's it.  It was a TSV several years ago, at which time I bought my first one.  Later bought the exact same thing on Zulily for less than half the TSV price.  I love them under close-fitting tees. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I also have a Shapeez bra/cami that is wonderful under knits.  It gives a completely smooth back.

6441381D-822F-47FE-907B-51178C48BCBD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I often wear a Spanx cami.   I bought a panty only once - that one did not hold up,well enough to justify the cost.

All my camis came from various QVC TSV's.  I'm surprised @Kachina624 found them for half that.  There's a local store I shop for many of my clothes.  They run sales for different items every day, but Spanx is often excluded completely, and when it is on sale, the percentage off is virtually always less than any other brand of anything.

Respected Contributor

I am looking at the size chart and I am wondering which size I would need.  My bust size is barely into size Large but my waist size is in the Small.  Which measurement would be most important?

I am afraid a size Large may have too much room to provide any compression in my waist.  But I am sure a small would never fit me.  

Honored Contributor

@4kitties    Bust size is most important.  I just get my usual QVC size. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment