Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spans faux leather leggings??? Yea or nay?

I haven't seen one person who looks good in it all day.It's so tight that it makes everyone's behind & thighs look fat!! In my opinion even the thin models don't look good!!

Valued Contributor

definitely no!

Valued Contributor

Definitely No

Respected Contributor

These are a no for me, and I did order a pair last year out of curiosity and returned them. I find that faux leather does not breathe enough for me. I donated two faux leather and ponte tops because they were just uncomfortable.  I have no issue with those who like leggings and wear some myself with long tops. I prefer my leather to be pants and not so tight. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

When I first saw them I ordered them , then I kept watching and even though I do hsve thin legs when I kept seeing how shiny and wet they looked I decided NO it isn't a look for me .   I felt really bad for Jackie having to wear them,  she looked lime she had pantyhose on not leggings.

Honored Contributor

No.  I'm too old and wouldn't have worn them in my teens or twenties either.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

When I first saw them I ordered them , then I kept watching and even though I do hsve thin legs when I kept seeing how shiny and wet they looked I decided NO it isn't a look for me .   I felt really bad for Jackie having to wear them,  she looked lime she had pantyhose on not leggings.

---------------------

I thought they looked like the bottom half of an under water diving wet suit!  Not for me....

Honored Contributor

Did you ever have a faux leather piece (jacket, coat, etc) that the "faux" peeled off?

SG's "road kill coat" ... that happened to me.  It all flaked off and left a trail of little black flakes on the floor behind me in Starbucks!

It also happened with a metalliic silver faux leather from Basso and a animal print faux leather trench from Mackie.  I was on the bus when the Basso started to flake ... quite embarrassing!... Macke started flaking a I was walking home ... about a block from my apt.   

I've sworn off faux leather ... I don't care who makes it or what assurances they give.

Imagine that happening to the leggings while you are out somewhere?  

Regular Contributor

They look nice. I don't really plan to wear them to walk the streets or to Walmart, but maybe to the movies or family gatherings... that type of thing. I like the look. Maybe I'll change my mind when I feel and see them in person, but right now I'm glad I got them.
Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

---------------------

I thought they looked like the bottom half of an under water diving wet suit!  Not for me....

@corita. Ya no what your right ! lol