Trusted Contributor

Re: I just can't put my Finger on It!!!

@OKPrincess

I have been wondering the same thing about all of the bell sleeve tops.  Living in the North means wearing a coat at least half of the year.  How do you handle a coat wearing BIG sleeves?

Honored Contributor

Re: I just can't put my Finger on It!!!

@mac116 wrote:

@OKPrincess

I have been wondering the same thing about all of the bell sleeve tops.  Living in the North means wearing a coat at least half of the year.  How do you handle a coat wearing BIG sleeves?

That’s why it would work before coat season unless you gently fold sleeve before putting on coat. ( I don’t know if fold is the right word or not  — just don’t jam it into the coat sleeve. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Something is Off I just can't put my Finger on It!!!

The material looks really thin to me looking at the picture on the main page of the website.

Honored Contributor

I don’t like the bracelet sleeve length. I prefer a true long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve. This in between length is what looks off to me (depending on your arm length). 

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like OLD Stock to me............jmo

Honored Contributor

It’s one of those “everything but the kitchen sink” items. 

Let’s scallop the sleeves!

Let’s scallop the hem!

Let’s make the hem wide!

Let’s add slits!

Let’s make it a turtleneck!

This is an easy pass for me. Plus, it just looks like it fits way too close. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I don't wear turtle necks.

Respected Contributor

For me, I don't care for the way the hem hangs, which makes the bottom scallops look odd.  I think there are too many scallops.  I'd like them better, I guess, around the sleeve as opposed to the hemline, I don't like scallops on both the sleeves and the bottom of the sweater; it's too much for me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've posted this in other threads.  I own a version of this sweater and the material is a sweater.  It doesn't shrink and there is nothing cheap about it.  It's not a heavy sweater at all but the knit is substantial.

I own the crewneck, cold-shoulder version and I've worn it throughout the spring and summer and will wear it right into fall.  I work in a/c and generally freeze so this is perfect.   

Maybe on this version the sleeves are bigger but on mine, they aren't much of a bell sleeve.  They aren't some big, cumbersome sleeve that you cannot deal with.  The sleeves on the one I own are 3/4 length on me and I'm not tall nor do I have long arms.

That being said, this is the third version of this sweater Isaac has done so I think it's time to move on.  Besides the one I own and this TSV, last year this top was a TSV in a mock neck.

Honored Contributor

The turtleneck just seems out of place on a lightweight, transitional sweater.  A mock neck would have been more appropriate and more universally acceptable.  Beautiful  colors but I can't cope with that turtleneck. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment