Respected Contributor

Re: Something is Off I just can't put my Finger on It!!!

I’m breaking a sweat just watching... A thick turtleneck long sleeve sweater in mid- August?  They couldn’t hold it until at least Labor Day? 

Valued Contributor

I love the scallop edges and bell sleeves. I think it's really cute and ordered black. I am thinking about pink and navy too. When I first received the email on this TSV, I wasn't sure because of the 3/4 sleeves. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it. I think it will look and feel nice this fall. Since I live in a very cold climate, it won't be the turtleneck I will wear in the brutal cold, but it will be a nice transitional piece during the fall. Depending on the temperature, I might be able to add one of my fake fur vests or Kilronan wool vests and wear it during the winter. Hoping it works out for me Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've posted this in other threads.  I own a version of this sweater and the material is a sweater.  It doesn't shrink and there is nothing cheap about it.  It's not a heavy sweater at all but the knit is substantial.

I own the crewneck, cold-shoulder version and I've worn it throughout the spring and summer and will wear it right into fall.  I work in a/c and generally freeze so this is perfect.   

Maybe on this version the sleeves are bigger but on mine, they aren't much of a bell sleeve.  They aren't some big, cumbersome sleeve that you cannot deal with.  The sleeves on the one I own are 3/4 length on me and I'm not tall nor do I have long arms.

That being said, this is the third version of this sweater Isaac has done so I think it's time to move on.  Besides the one I own and this TSV, last year this top was a TSV in a mock neck.

That is good to know. I think the knit looks really nice. I prefer smoother knits to chunky ones. I also get cold easily, so I love turtlenecks as long as they are not wool or wool blends. This is the first fashion TSV I've seriously considered buying in a long time. I kind of like that it's a little different yet is simple and in solid colors.

What are the previous versions of this sweater? I'd like to look at them.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Regular Contributor

Love most of his offerings but this is a pass for me as I cannot wear turtlenecks.  I have a short neck and round face and I look like a talking head in them!  Even if I try and roll down the neck to a mock its a no go for me. 

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

That is good to know. I think the knit looks really nice. I prefer smoother knits to chunky ones. I also get cold easily, so I love turtlenecks as long as they are not wool or wool blends. This is the first fashion TSV I've seriously considered buying in a long time. I kind of like that it's a little different yet is simple and in solid colors.

What are the previous versions of this sweater? I'd like to look at them.

@JJsMom, A306440 is the cold shoulder version of this.  I own that and love it although I know it won't be for everyone.  I just wore it to work last week with black pants and got several compliments.

A295898 is the mock-neck version that was a TSV last year.

A306445 is an open front short sleeve cardigan that has scallop sleeves and scalloping down the front.

Sorry I cannot do the live links for some reason. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@JJsMom, A306440 is the cold shoulder version of this.  I own that and love it although I know it won't be for everyone.  I just wore it to work last week with black pants and got several compliments.

A295898 is the mock-neck version that was a TSV last year.

A306445 is an open front short sleeve cardigan that has scallop sleeves and scalloping down the front.

Sorry I cannot do the live links for some reason. 

Thank you for taking the time to look those up for me! They are all very cute! It looks like the TSV is a decent deal when comparing the price to those you listed.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Its a no for me.  I have short arms and the sleeves would be at my wrists, probably dipping into my food!  I am kinda getting tired of all the bell sleeves.  It was okay to own a few pieces, but too much is not a good thing in my opinion.  Turtlenecks are a hit or miss with me; don't like them if they are tight on the neck! 

Contributor

This is almost too funny.  I just saw the TSV picture and to myself I said "yuck,"  

I just don't get the newfound popularity of the bell sleeve - but add that scallop to the 3/4 length bell it's just ugly.  Sorry, it's ugly.  Add the high neck to the equasion and forget it.  

Anyway, as soon as I see a bell sleeve I run ...... fast.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not appealing to me at all! Personally, I am detesting all these tops with the peplum look, flared bottom look, bell and/or ruffled sleeves....most are childish and unflattering except on lean models.... I can just imagine what I would look like in a ruffled bottom and sleeve sweater! Also detest all the rayon/span in tops...

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I really like the colors but the knit reminded me of Susan Graver's passport knit and it snagged really bad...I also could not get past the turtleneck combined with the sleeves and hem... Thanks for your input on previous knit tops...I also have several of Issac's knit tops and love them...