Trusted Contributor

Someone was looking for Cushman's

They are posted as a TSV pre order under the TSV tab at the top of the page.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Someone was looking for Cushman's

Thanks for posting this.  I plan to order them this year and appreciate the heads up.  I’ve always had good luck with Cushman’s and look forward to getting them.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Regular Contributor

Interesting as HSN is selling them from Hales, Ships now.  Have to compare price per pound.  Also note,that if you take medication indicating no grapefruit, honey bells are a cross with grapefruit.

Respected Contributor

Can anyone in Florida vouch for the crop of Honeybells this year? I seem to recall one year where the crop was not sweet and many people complained about green discolored honey bells. I am considering ordering but as with any fruit it depends on the weather.
Esteemed Contributor

Expensive, glad they won’t ship to Arizona.  I googled them and they are actually Minneola Tangelos which I buy every year here.

Respected Contributor

not a bad price.  Love honey bells.  With free shipping couldn’t pass it up.    

Honored Contributor

Check out pitman and davis.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don’t get all in a tizzy if your Honeybells arrive and the outsides are not perfect looking.  The outsides are not indicative of what the insides will be like.  I get them every year and some of the best tasting Honeybells are the ones with uneven coloration on the skins, marks that look like bruises, etc.  Once you peel off the skin, the fruit itself will be delicious.  I’ve never gotten one that was bad in any way.  The weather conditions during their growing season will determine their sweetness or tartness, so it’s up to Mother Nature.  IMO, they are all delicious regardless.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem Good point you brought up. Yes, about half of mine don't look that great on the outside, but boy oh boy, on the inside they are yummy.

I took a bunch to work today to share with my coworkers. One guy actually squealed when he went to peel it. It was so juicy it spritzed all over him when he peeled it open. LOL!!! He was totally amazed at how juicy and sweet it was. I got out a knife for the rest of the group.

I had others ask if they could take more than one, and I said sure thing. I will bring an additional box on Monday. I had ordered one 18-pound box and two 5-pound boxes on my auto-delivery from last year. 

I did, however, put out a sign by the fruit to let them know that they are part tangerine and part grapefruit, because some people are on medication that prevents them from having grapefruit, which could be detrimental to them. Everyone thought they were some kind of orange, so I thought I should have some kind of warning.

Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem Oh, and the other thing the people couldn't get over.......that they could easily squeeze out the juice into a glass with one hand, just like the vendor does. LOL! 

Where I live there are orchards of navels, valencias (short season when they do grow), and cara cara. In our area of the country, the cara cara come closest to the taste/sweetness of the Cushman's, but not equal to in my opinion, and the others who had the Honeybelles today agree.

I forgot to bring the bib as a joke! ha! One gal remembered the bib from last year and was asking for it. ha!