Honored Contributor

Re: Snug sleeves on Cuddl Duds TSV Stretch Cardigan (plus size inquiry)?

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@twocent wrote:

@Othereeeen

WOW.   I will leave it at that.

@twocent wow! pretty nasty/dirty poster she is.  I would leave it at that also.  Not the kind of person if it's a person, I would want to meet in person.

@Blingqueen023 The irony is - she's probably sweet as pie in person! With the anonymity of a bulletin board, people sometimes feel they can say anything  without regard of a conscience.  Woman Sad 

I honestly doubt that.  This is the same poster who started a thread about another TSV she didn't like.  I want to think it was a pair of shoes, and just continued on in the thread getting more insulting as the thread went on.  It seems to be her MO.  She's already also ranted on about thumb holes before too.  I think she thinks it's creative and clever but it's not even close.

To even suggest that your pointing out that seams don't match up is the same as what she posted is beyond laughable.

Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:

I agree about the matching problem, but did anyone find that last year's cardigan

(the first TSV), pilled horribly?  I did buy it "as is", & it looked like a rag shortly thereafter.

I also bought mine as-is and I've not had this problem but I've not worn it a lot.

I specifically bought it to throw on in the mornings when we are camping and it's chilly or toss on around my house if it's a little chilly.  So far, I've not had many occassions to do that as our temps are unseasonably warm.

Regular Contributor

I love the one I got last year.  I do think that it shed quite a bit at first, because I had also gotten another one for my mom and offered to send it back for her if the shedding bothered her, but she kept hers too.  I work from home, and my house gets drafty, so I love having my Cuddl Duds fleece to throw on.  I don't wear it out often - just to walk the dog or pick up a kid from an activity.  I would like another one, but I think I'm going to pass on today's TSV because I don't think the cut would be as flattering on me as last year's TSV.  So, I'll keep looking. 

Honored Contributor

@Triciawizard wrote:

I am a plus size 2X lady so I don't have skinny upper arms, etc. I may be wrong, but the arms look snug on even the thinner models. I have never purchased a Cuddl Duds cardigan. I realize that the fleece has 6% spandex and stretches, but the arms look snug. I believe that I read in reviews of previous Cuddl Duds cardigans that some people thought the arms on those previous cardigans were uncomfortably snug.  Any helpful opinions are welcome, please.                                                          

I’m also a large lady. I purchased the TSV from a few weeks ago that is basically identical to this one but without the hood. My arms aren’t humongous, but they’re not small either. The one I have (dark blue plaid) fits perfectly and not snug in the arms. It’s cuddly and soft and I love it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

I received my Cuddle Duds today.  I like it and glad I ordred two.  I sized  down from the one I got last year and everyone was saying ran big this time.    I like the size and would have been disappointed if I ordered my normal size.   I would say the material to me feels the same as the one last year.  Arms were ok for me but I do not have big arms.  I usually take a small and got the xsmall. 

I plan on wearing mine around the house or if I  run to the store.  I plan on taking when I go visit others and I never know how warm their house will be for me.  I have a friend whose house is always cold to me.  I usually take foot cozies and a wrap and works for me.

This would be good to take in car when traveling and not feel like bundling up in coat while riding but have coat for after.

For me this was a good purchase and not disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

I received this cardi last week and didn't find a problem with the sleeves being snug, but I have thin arms. I also sized down and am glad that I did because it's a really generous fit. It also looks very casual. Regarding the mismatched seams, I've noticed that in some of the videos, but when I received the Cuddl Duds fleece pajamas (navy polar bear pattern), the seams pretty much matched up. Go figure! Since I'm retired I'll probably be living in the fleece leggings most days....warm and comfy!

Trusted Contributor

Well I can CONFIRM, I purchased a 1X and had to go UP to the 2X cause the arms were TIGHT....I purchased item Cuddl Duds Fleecewear Stretch Long Sleeve Wrap - A280232.

As a side comment, I went in walmart and saw a fleece like sleep blazer (not in red or all the colors and not a swing jacket) for 12.99.  It only came in black and gray.  I'm going to return my item as I read the reviews and pilling was mentioned by many.  Even a few pictures were attached. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Regular Contributor

Hi!  You are absolutely right.  Even though I wear a small or a medium...Cuccle Duds tops have tight upper arms.  I included this dislike in the firts review I wrote of the first purchase I made.  Evidently they choose to cater to folks who will wear it with just a tank underneath.  Hoping they adjust.