Contributor

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a Snow Joe snow blower? Interested because it is rechargeable. Please comment. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Snow Joe TSV

[ Edited ]

You can read about it on amazon where it is sold out but the reviews are still there. Google search for this and find it listed for amazon:

Snow Joe 24V-SS11-XR 24-Volt iON+ Cordless Snow Shovel Kit | 11-Inch | W/ 5.0-Ah Battery and Charger

Home Depot sells it, too. Reviews are there if you want to read them.

Mixed reviews for both sites.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the older model that has the electric cord. I really like it and it works. I use it to clear the patio area for the dogs and front porch. I works well and doesn't really bother my back or my arms. I have other snow joe products that are battery operated. My favorite is a blower that runs 45 mins on one charge. It's great! 

Frequent Contributor

I bought it last year and it works just fine.

Respected Contributor

@hoofprints I bought mine last year and many complaints putting it together and NO help from Snow Joe. I tore my hair until a poster gave better instructions and success.  I was grateful. I was also ready to return.  Pretty much jam it together and hope the cords inside work.  Many  disgusted  and angry buyers.

I heard this year is 80% assembled so hope the assembly issues were fixed. That saying, I love it. Not too heavy for a female or older person to lift. Wet snow will jam the augur on occasion and one needs to stop and clear it. It throws well for its size and works well to shovel. If snow is over 6 in. two passes. I use mine on the deck. Battery keeps a good charge for nearing half an hour. I love mine. 

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@hoofprints I bought mine last year and many complaints putting it together and NO help from Snow Joe. I tore my hair until a poster gave better instructions and success.  I was grateful. I was also ready to return.  Pretty much jam it together and hope the cords inside work.  Many  disgusted  and angry buyers.

I heard this year is 80% assembled so hope the assembly issues were fixed. That saying, I love it. Not too heavy for a female or older person to lift. Wet snow will jam the augur on occasion and one needs to stop and clear it. It throws well for its size and works well to shovel. If snow is over 6 in. two passes. I use mine on the deck. Battery keeps a good charge for nearing half an hour. I love mine. 

I wonder if you spray Pam on the auger if that would keep the snow from sticking (which is what I do with my regular shovel).

Respected Contributor

@Valstybaby  Thankyou for the tip.  I will try that.  We had an inch of snow last night so just used the shovel. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Snow Joe TSV

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf 

You can buy a special spray made just for snow blowers. One brand is called Snow-Jet.

I use a silicone lubricant spray on my snow shovel and that does the trick. It's cheaper than that Snow-Jet spray.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thankyou. I will check and see if I can find it?

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @Gorgf 

There's another spray called Dupont Teflon Snow & Ice Repellent for snow blowers and shovels...it's also cheaper than that Snow-Jet spray. Look on amazon, of course!