Respected Contributor

Re: Snow Joe Snow Thrower TSV 12/30

I don't have snow as an issue here but the one purchase I made from this company lasted two days. When I see this brand, I stay far away. The inside mechanisms aren't made for heavy duty jobs. Only my opinion, so those who purchase, I hope it meets your requirements.

Respected Contributor

Read the reviews on Amazon...there is some kind of wiring nonsense in assembly of the handle...

But...it will assemble...

Just be awarer that as of right now, 730am ET 12-30, this is avail on A for 10 dollars less and free shipping if a Prime member....

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen. I posted my experience and yes I nearly sent it back as could not connect the handle.  I was so disgusted. It pays to shop around.

Many Q customers also complained and there was no help from Snow Joe.  I also tried to call them. A fellow Q customer said to just push really hard,  like jam the handle together. It worked and I have enjoyed mine to save lifting snow on my back. 

Honored Contributor

Be sure to price shop. I just bought this plus an extra battery for less than Q's price.

Trusted Contributor

This looks to have the right power for me to use here in Florida. 😄.  BTW, Sun Joe makes excellent grass clippers; have used them for years. They also make a very useful portable outdoor umbrella. Credit where credit is due. 

Trusted Contributor

Less expensive elsewhere and with free shipping

Trusted Contributor

I had one, don't get rid of your shovels!!!!!They tell you you can put it on top of the high snow well let me tell you something, you will be there for days.  This doesn't have the power to move a lot of snow even when the snow isn't high.   Watch closely, it only blows a light stream of snow.  As I said you will be there all day.  We were so frustrated with it, that we brought out the shovels and gave ours away.  

Honored Contributor

I had a look on Sam's Club and they have this for $10 less with free shipping, if you're a plus member.  But it pays to read all the reviews.  Many of them fell in line with what I'd expect of this item.

I have an Ariens Deluxe 28-inch snowblower (in addition to a plow truck) and use a shovel on the steps, etc..  I'm sorry, but I don't believe there's any way the Snow Joe would handle what they claim.

It runs for "26 continuous minutes" on a full charge?  That wouldn't do much here.

QVC's bonus is the extra 2 years of warranty.  So for someone who really does just need to do quick, lightweight snow removal, it might be a good idea.

Contributor

Snow throwers do exactly that, throw the snow.  I've used these types of shovels and they are great for sidewalks but you need to angle the shower to direct it in a designated area.  There are other models that have a directional contraption on the top that actually directs the now to left or right but these power shovel types seem to go forward

Contributor

I was puzzled by several things about this shovel. One is the fact the extra battery for sale on QVC is a stronger amp 5.0 vs. 4.0.  This thrower is not meant for large areas but good for maybe single or elderly who need to clear small areas of sidewalk or steps or as they said an area for dogs to go out. Does that merit a price over $150? I purchased 2, as the price of a replacement battery I might as well just buy 2 and have a second one ready or have an additional person team up with me to clear a larger area.  
as for Snow/sun Joe I have found their customer service very good but be wary of replacements issued under warranty are not always the same models and may be refurbished or old discontinued models.  I am most interested in this because it is battery operated but have an electric one and a large gas powered snow blower for large deeper snow.  I am purchasing it solely for the convenience, warranty and size to be prepared to small snow I don't want to bring out the big guns for.